iexplore.exe application error

When I leave the WEB I get:

Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error

"The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.

Can this be fixed?

Are you running Adobe Acrobat Reader v7.0.2? Are all available updates
installed?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Allan wrote:
> When I leave the WEB I get:
>
> Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
>
> "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
> memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
>
> Can this be fixed?

Uninstall and then download/install the latest version of Adobe
Acrobat(Reader).

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Allan wrote:

> When I leave the WEB I get:
>
> Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
>
> "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
> memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
>
> Can this be fixed?

I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I still
get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
"Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message
> When I leave the WEB I get:
>
> Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
>
> "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
> memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
>
> Can this be fixed?

You could uninstall Acrobat Reader entirely and then reinstall it.

? => By any chance have you been using Adobe Reader SpeedUp? It's not
necessary and doesn't work in v7.x.
--

Allan wrote:
> I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I still
> get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
> "Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > When I leave the WEB I get:
> >
> > Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
> >
> > "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
> > memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
> >
> > Can this be fixed?

I did what you said but still got the message. I then downloaded the
program and the upgrades again. Still got the message. Do you think I need
spyware in addition to "Adware"?
> You could uninstall Acrobat Reader entirely and then reinstall it.
>
> ? => By any chance have you been using Adobe Reader SpeedUp? It's not
> necessary and doesn't work in v7.x.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Allan wrote:
>> I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I
>> still
>> get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
>> "Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> > When I leave the WEB I get:
>> >
>> > Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
>> >
>> > "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38".
>> > The
>> > memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
>> >
>> > Can this be fixed?

Try this workaround as described here:-

http://ask-leo.com/iexploreexe_has_generated_an_error_now_what.html

I shall also suggest you to scan your system with latest versions of
Spybot,search and destroy,CWShredder as well as Adaware.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Allan wrote:
> I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I still
> get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
> "Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message
>
>>When I leave the WEB I get:
>>
>>Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
>>
>>"The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
>>memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
>>
>>Can this be fixed?

Hi Allan,
kindly go through my earlier reply.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Allan wrote:
> I did what you said but still got the message. I then downloaded the
> program and the upgrades again. Still got the message. Do you think I need
> spyware in addition to "Adware"?
>
>>You could uninstall Acrobat Reader entirely and then reinstall it.
>>
>>? => By any chance have you been using Adobe Reader SpeedUp? It's not
>>necessary and doesn't work in v7.x.
>>--
>>~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>>
>>Allan wrote:
>>
>>>I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I
>>>still
>>>get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
>>>"Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message

I followed the instructions re: removing the add ons and then restoring them
to find the problem. I narrowed it down to the "charting" add on associated
with moneycentral.msn.com. When this is disabled the problem is gone;
however this is preventing me from forming and seeing charts on securities
when I use this web site. Can you help?
"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi Allan,
> kindly go through my earlier reply.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Allan wrote:
>> I did what you said but still got the message. I then downloaded the
>> program and the upgrades again. Still got the message. Do you think I
>> need spyware in addition to "Adware"?
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>You could uninstall Acrobat Reader entirely and then reinstall it.
>>>
>>>? => By any chance have you been using Adobe Reader SpeedUp? It's not
>>>necessary and doesn't work in v7.x.
>>>--
>>>~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>>MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

additional info: I restored the charting add on and the problem only
occurs if I open a chart.