iexplore.exe application error

When I leave the WEB I get:

Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error

"The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.

Can this be fixed?
9 answers Last reply
More about iexplore application error

    Are you running Adobe Acrobat Reader v7.0.2? Are all available updates
    installed?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Allan wrote:
    > When I leave the WEB I get:
    >
    > Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
    >
    > "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
    > memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
    >
    > Can this be fixed?

    Uninstall and then download/install the latest version of Adobe
    Acrobat(Reader).

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Allan wrote:

    > When I leave the WEB I get:
    >
    > Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
    >
    > "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
    > memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
    >
    > Can this be fixed?

    I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I still
    get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
    "Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > When I leave the WEB I get:
    >
    > Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
    >
    > "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
    > memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
    >
    > Can this be fixed?

    You could uninstall Acrobat Reader entirely and then reinstall it.

    ? => By any chance have you been using Adobe Reader SpeedUp? It's not
    necessary and doesn't work in v7.x.
    --

    Allan wrote:
    > I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I still
    > get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
    > "Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > > When I leave the WEB I get:
    > >
    > > Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
    > >
    > > "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
    > > memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
    > >
    > > Can this be fixed?

    I did what you said but still got the message. I then downloaded the
    program and the upgrades again. Still got the message. Do you think I need
    spyware in addition to "Adware"?
    > You could uninstall Acrobat Reader entirely and then reinstall it.
    >
    > ? => By any chance have you been using Adobe Reader SpeedUp? It's not
    > necessary and doesn't work in v7.x.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > Allan wrote:
    >> I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I
    >> still
    >> get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
    >> "Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >> > When I leave the WEB I get:
    >> >
    >> > Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
    >> >
    >> > "The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38".
    >> > The
    >> > memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
    >> >
    >> > Can this be fixed?

    Try this workaround as described here:-

    http://ask-leo.com/iexploreexe_has_generated_an_error_now_what.html

    I shall also suggest you to scan your system with latest versions of
    Spybot,search and destroy,CWShredder as well as Adaware.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Allan wrote:
    > I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I still
    > get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
    > "Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>When I leave the WEB I get:
    >>
    >>Acrobat IEHelper: iexplore.exe-Application Error
    >>
    >>"The instruction at "Ox2e4c9e97" referenced memory at "Ox3175cd38". The
    >>memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program.
    >>
    >>Can this be fixed?

    Hi Allan,
    kindly go through my earlier reply.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Allan wrote:
    > I did what you said but still got the message. I then downloaded the
    > program and the upgrades again. Still got the message. Do you think I need
    > spyware in addition to "Adware"?
    >
    >>You could uninstall Acrobat Reader entirely and then reinstall it.
    >>
    >>? => By any chance have you been using Adobe Reader SpeedUp? It's not
    >>necessary and doesn't work in v7.x.
    >>--
    >>~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >>MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >>
    >>Allan wrote:
    >>
    >>>I removed 7.01 upgrade and then installed 7.01 and 7.02 upgrades. I
    >>>still
    >>>get the message. Should I remove and re-install the 7.0 also?
    >>>"Allan " <alb42@optonline.net> wrote in message

    I followed the instructions re: removing the add ons and then restoring them
    to find the problem. I narrowed it down to the "charting" add on associated
    with moneycentral.msn.com. When this is disabled the problem is gone;
    however this is preventing me from forming and seeing charts on securities
    when I use this web site. Can you help?
    "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Allan,
    > kindly go through my earlier reply.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > Allan wrote:
    >> I did what you said but still got the message. I then downloaded the
    >> program and the upgrades again. Still got the message. Do you think I
    >> need spyware in addition to "Adware"?
    >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>You could uninstall Acrobat Reader entirely and then reinstall it.
    >>>
    >>>? => By any chance have you been using Adobe Reader SpeedUp? It's not
    >>>necessary and doesn't work in v7.x.
    >>>--
    >>>~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >>>MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    additional info: I restored the charting add on and the problem only
    occurs if I open a chart.
    >I followed the instructions re: removing the add ons and then restoring
    >them to find the problem. I narrowed it down to the "charting" add on
    >associated with moneycentral.msn.com. When this is disabled the problem is
    >gone; however this is preventing me from forming and seeing charts on
    >securities when I use this web site. Can you help?
    > "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi Allan,
    >> kindly go through my earlier reply.
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> ssg MS-MVP
    >>
    >> Allan wrote:
    >>> I did what you said but still got the message. I then downloaded the
    >>> program and the upgrades again. Still got the message. Do you think I
    >>> need spyware in addition to "Adware"?
    >>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

Memory Acrobat Microsoft Windows XP