WIFI Problem with Mac! Help!

Solid_Snake3

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Ok I have a Macbook (I lied it's my dad's) so today I wanted to play Minecraft, but when I tried to get on, I saw it said can't connect to minecraft. I thought the Minecraft logon servers were down, so I went online to check it out, only to find that I'm not connected to WIFI. So I look at the wifi bar and sure enough it wasn't connected. I clicked on it to see what was wrong, and it said "Airport not connected" WHAT'S GOING ON!? The last day it was working just fine! How did it happen? I tried everything from resetting PRAM, trying to turn on airport (to my surprise when I hit turn on airport nothing happened. I even tried the terminal app, entered a command with the sudo prefix, and it said I had to give my password. I don't even know what my password is. I mean, I never set it in the first place since I can log on to the Mac without any passwords. My dad said he never set a password on anything on the Mac, which gets me more since they want a password that I can't give (because it was never set). Please help guys, if I don't find a solution soon my dad's gonna start blaming me for this, which is 100% NOT TRUE.

tutnut

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

When it asks for a password in terminal, just press enter, because there is no password.

Solid_Snake3

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Ok guys, I finally took the Mac to a Mac store and turns out the Wifi chip of the airport card burned out somehow, still can't understand why. Only part of the airport card is gone because the bluetooth still works. Anyways, my dad can't stand using Ethernet on his Mac, he thinks he's "wasting the wireless capability of the Mac" even though there was none since the airport card problem. Anyways, I got a Edimax mini wireless usb adapter, and it's been doing very well on my dad's mac so far.