Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

I think there was something for a vaugely similar drivetrain in one of
the vehicles expansions but IDHMBWM and don't recall which one.

Vetis wrote:
> I was just reading an article on spherical robots and was wondering
what
> the vehicle or robot rules would be for building them... Somehow the

> thought of them rolling across the round after you seems sinister.
>
> The article by the way, can be found here:

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/technovel_rotundus_050218.html

For what it's worth, a spherical robot doesn't necessarily _have_ to
roll, depending on the tech level. A sphere might well be a good shape
for a free-floating or flying robot.

Shermanlee

Johnny1a wrote:

> Vetis wrote:
>
>>I was just reading an article on spherical robots and was wondering
>
> what
>
>>the vehicle or robot rules would be for building them... Somehow the
>

>>thought of them rolling across the round after you seems sinister.
>>
>>The article by the way, can be found here:
>>

> http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/technovel_rotundus_050218.html
>
> For what it's worth, a spherical robot doesn't necessarily _have_ to
> roll, depending on the tech level. A sphere might well be a good shape
> for a free-floating or flying robot.

Uggg. I just had flashbacks to those floating robots on _Black Hole_.

> Shermanlee

If the Cylons of the old Battlestar Galactica TV show went up against
the soldier robots of Black Hole the universe would end - the unhittable
shooters vs. the unmissable targets would cause such a paradox that all
existence would be wiped out.

Tom A.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

In article <1110421534.738853.182530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
Johnny1a <shermanlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Vetis wrote:
>> I was just reading an article on spherical robots and was wondering
>what
>> the vehicle or robot rules would be for building them... Somehow the
>
>> thought of them rolling across the round after you seems sinister.
>>
>> The article by the way, can be found here:
>>
>http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/technovel_rotundus_050218.html
>
>For what it's worth, a spherical robot doesn't necessarily _have_ to
>roll, depending on the tech level. A sphere might well be a good shape
>for a free-floating or flying robot.

Or bouncing.

--
"A good plan executed right now is far better than a perfect plan
executed next week."

Tom A. wrote:
> Johnny1a wrote:
>
> > Vetis wrote:
> >
> >>I was just reading an article on spherical robots and was wondering
> >
> > what
> >
> >>the vehicle or robot rules would be for building them... Somehow
the

> >>thought of them rolling across the round after you seems sinister.
> >>
> >>The article by the way, can be found here:

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/technovel_rotundus_050218.html

> > For what it's worth, a spherical robot doesn't necessarily _have_
> > roll, depending on the tech level. A sphere might well be a good
shape
> > for a free-floating or flying robot.
>
> Uggg. I just had flashbacks to those floating robots on _Black
Hole_.

What was it about them that bothered you so much?

Shermanlee

Johnny1a wrote:
> Tom A. wrote:
>
>>Johnny1a wrote:

>>>what

> the

> http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/technovel_rotundus_050218.html
>
>>>For what it's worth, a spherical robot doesn't necessarily _have_

>>>roll, depending on the tech level. A sphere might well be a good
>
> shape
>
>>>for a free-floating or flying robot.
>>
>>Uggg. I just had flashbacks to those floating robots on _Black
>
> Hole_.
>
> What was it about them that bothered you so much?

Besides the silly faces, and virtual lack of any manipulation devices
(but they have weapons, for no known reason) they were insufferably "cute".

> Shermanlee

Tom A.
Any man who hates kids and dogs can't be all bad. - W.C. Fields