Lexmark X125 Printer Problem

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but couldn't find a
newsgroup that addressed printer problems-I have a Lexmark 125 printer newly
installed on a new Dell comp. I have set it to scan documents as a jpg-but
when I try to open them up they are unrecoganizable computer jargon and 1
simple page can turn into 51 pages! Anybody got any ideas on what I have to
do to get this to scan properly? Have tried various settings such as
BMP-TEXT-and all choices available but to no avail,they all open up as
computer jargon that is unreadable.

Thanks
Rocko

Rocko wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but couldn't find a
> newsgroup that addressed printer problems-I have a Lexmark 125 printer newly
> installed on a new Dell comp. I have set it to scan documents as a jpg-but
> when I try to open them up they are unrecoganizable computer jargon and 1
> simple page can turn into 51 pages! Anybody got any ideas on what I have to
> do to get this to scan properly? Have tried various settings such as
> BMP-TEXT-and all choices available but to no avail,they all open up as
> computer jargon that is unreadable.
>
> Thanks
> Rocko

You might need to purchase Adobe Acrobat. I have had nothing but
problems with Lexmark printers. My suggestion, you won't like it: get
the HP4215. Mine works beautifully and I don't even need to purchase
Adobe Acrobat. It has an option built-in to scan to PDF.

RocKo

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

Ive got Adobe Acrobat Pro on there and it still wont read it.