Weapon design rules?

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Anyone have, or know where I can get the rules for designing guns? I
have an oooold version of Vehicles and it isn't in it. Don't really
want to have to buy a new copy just for the weapon design part...

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:43:40 -0800, Vetis <c.cliff@comcast.net> carved
upon a tablet of ether:

> Anyone have, or know where I can get the rules for designing guns? I
> have an oooold version of Vehicles and it isn't in it. Don't really
> want to have to buy a new copy just for the weapon design part...

They are only in Vehicles 2nd ed, AFAIK. Buying that right now would
probably be a bit silly, as there are to be new rules in Ultra-Tech
and High-Tech, and they will hopefully come out in the not too distant
future. Hopefully.

--
Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
should be free."

Rupert Boleyn wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:43:40 -0800, Vetis <c.cliff@comcast.net> carved
> upon a tablet of ether:
>
>> Anyone have, or know where I can get the rules for designing guns? I
>> have an oooold version of Vehicles and it isn't in it. Don't really
>> want to have to buy a new copy just for the weapon design part...
>
> They are only in Vehicles 2nd ed, AFAIK. Buying that right now would
> probably be a bit silly, as there are to be new rules in Ultra-Tech
> and High-Tech, and they will hopefully come out in the not too distant
> future. Hopefully.

Actually the rules in Vehicles 2nd ed. are not useable for the 4th Ed of
Gurps. Bulk is not covered and Accuracy changed too much.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:01:29 +0100, Tobias Langner
<tobias.langner@t-online.de> carved upon a tablet of ether:

> Rupert Boleyn wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:43:40 -0800, Vetis <c.cliff@comcast.net> carved
> > upon a tablet of ether:
> >
> >> Anyone have, or know where I can get the rules for designing guns? I
> >> have an oooold version of Vehicles and it isn't in it. Don't really
> >> want to have to buy a new copy just for the weapon design part...
> >
> > They are only in Vehicles 2nd ed, AFAIK. Buying that right now would
> > probably be a bit silly, as there are to be new rules in Ultra-Tech
> > and High-Tech, and they will hopefully come out in the not too distant
> > future. Hopefully.
> >

> Actually the rules in Vehicles 2nd ed. are not useable for the 4th Ed of
> Gurps. Bulk is not covered and Accuracy changed too much.

I never said they were for G4. As for the changes, well halving Acc
and eyeballing the result is pretty good, Recoil is roughly [3e Rcl x
-1] + 1, and bulk can be guestimated from comparable weapons listed in
G4's Characters.

--
Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
should be free."

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

> I never said they were for G4.

yes, I know, and I never said you said they were for G4.