MN-700 FAILS TO RECONNECT AFTER STANDBY

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 3, 2004 9:24:13 PM

I just purchased the MN-820 kit with the MN-700/720 combo. I've got
everything set up correctly and it all works beautifully as long as
the laptop (Sony) stays on. When I cycle the laptop into standby and
then back out, the router does not re-connect with the laptop. The
router must be reloaded or reset for it to reconnect. I used the
Microsoft firmware upgrade tool for the MN-700/720 combo with no
effect. I have troubleshot this problem using completely different
hardware configurations: laptop (Dell), PC wireless adapter (Netgear),
and wireless router (Dell 2300). This problem ALWAYS AND ONLY OCCURS
WITH THE MN-700 ROUTER.

Has anyone experienced this problem and/or received any solution from
Microsoft? I live on an overseas military base so long hold-time phone
calls back to the states are not practical. I want to try the groups
here before I send this whole kit back to the vendor. Please don't
tell me to disable WPA because I need that feature. It works fine on
the Dell 2300. If the Microsoft product can't function properly with
WPA then I'll send it back.

Thanks in advance.
-j
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 4, 2004 12:27:52 AM

The issue you describe is a known issue that should be fixed in a firmware
update that is coming out around the same time as Windows XP SP2 RTM.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"john" <johnnygq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just purchased the MN-820 kit with the MN-700/720 combo. I've got
> everything set up correctly and it all works beautifully as long as
> the laptop (Sony) stays on. When I cycle the laptop into standby and
> then back out, the router does not re-connect with the laptop. The
> router must be reloaded or reset for it to reconnect. I used the
> Microsoft firmware upgrade tool for the MN-700/720 combo with no
> effect. I have troubleshot this problem using completely different
> hardware configurations: laptop (Dell), PC wireless adapter (Netgear),
> and wireless router (Dell 2300). This problem ALWAYS AND ONLY OCCURS
> WITH THE MN-700 ROUTER.
>
> Has anyone experienced this problem and/or received any solution from
> Microsoft? I live on an overseas military base so long hold-time phone
> calls back to the states are not practical. I want to try the groups
> here before I send this whole kit back to the vendor. Please don't
> tell me to disable WPA because I need that feature. It works fine on
> the Dell 2300. If the Microsoft product can't function properly with
> WPA then I'll send it back.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -j
July 4, 2004 9:06:40 PM

Thanks for the info. Any idea when the firmware update will be released?

"Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message news:<#FoHybXYEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> The issue you describe is a known issue that should be fixed in a firmware
> update that is coming out around the same time as Windows XP SP2 RTM.
>
> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "john" <johnnygq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I just purchased the MN-820 kit with the MN-700/720 combo. I've got
> > everything set up correctly and it all works beautifully as long as
> > the laptop (Sony) stays on. When I cycle the laptop into standby and
> > then back out, the router does not re-connect with the laptop. The
> > router must be reloaded or reset for it to reconnect. I used the
> > Microsoft firmware upgrade tool for the MN-700/720 combo with no
> > effect. I have troubleshot this problem using completely different
> > hardware configurations: laptop (Dell), PC wireless adapter (Netgear),
> > and wireless router (Dell 2300). This problem ALWAYS AND ONLY OCCURS
> > WITH THE MN-700 ROUTER.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this problem and/or received any solution from
> > Microsoft? I live on an overseas military base so long hold-time phone
> > calls back to the states are not practical. I want to try the groups
> > here before I send this whole kit back to the vendor. Please don't
> > tell me to disable WPA because I need that feature. It works fine on
> > the Dell 2300. If the Microsoft product can't function properly with
> > WPA then I'll send it back.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > -j
a b D Laptop
July 5, 2004 2:36:08 AM

> Thanks for the info. Any idea when the firmware update will be released?
>
> "Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> > The issue you describe is a known issue that should be fixed in a
firmware
> > update that is coming out around the same time as Windows XP SP2 RTM.
> >
> > --
> > Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
> >
> > Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
> >
> > "john" <johnnygq@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I just purchased the MN-820 kit with the MN-700/720 combo. I've got
> > > everything set up correctly and it all works beautifully as long as
> > > the laptop (Sony) stays on. When I cycle the laptop into standby and
> > > then back out, the router does not re-connect with the laptop. The
> > > router must be reloaded or reset for it to reconnect. I used the
> > > Microsoft firmware upgrade tool for the MN-700/720 combo with no
> > > effect. I have troubleshot this problem using completely different
> > > hardware configurations: laptop (Dell), PC wireless adapter (Netgear),
> > > and wireless router (Dell 2300). This problem ALWAYS AND ONLY OCCURS
> > > WITH THE MN-700 ROUTER.
> > >
> > > Has anyone experienced this problem and/or received any solution from
> > > Microsoft? I live on an overseas military base so long hold-time phone
> > > calls back to the states are not practical. I want to try the groups
> > > here before I send this whole kit back to the vendor. Please don't
> > > tell me to disable WPA because I need that feature. It works fine on
> > > the Dell 2300. If the Microsoft product can't function properly with
> > > WPA then I'll send it back.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > -j
July 5, 2004 9:37:09 PM

Thanks.. I got that the first time in your previous post, but it
doesn't help me. Let me re-phrase: do you (or anybody reading this)
know, or have a best-guess, when Microsoft will release XP SP2 RTM?

!