Previous Fan Failure

kenp

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2004

Hi, it is me again.
I have Dell Dimension PC and when it boots I get the following:

Previous Fan Failure
Press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup

I talked with Dell tech spt and they showed me how to go into BIOS and clear
the message log and the problem did not reappear after several boots.
However, when I left the system off for awhile and started it back up, I get
the same message. Both the power supply and CPU fan are running and do not
seem to be acting up.

Has anyone had any experience with this problem and what it takes to resolve
it? The PC did have some adware on it, but I removed it. Other than that,
I've had no problems with it.

Thanks in advance.
KP

Malke

KenP wrote:

> Hi, it is me again.
> I have Dell Dimension PC and when it boots I get the following:
>
> Previous Fan Failure
> Press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup
>
> I talked with Dell tech spt and they showed me how to go into BIOS and
> clear the message log and the problem did not reappear after several
> boots. However, when I left the system off for awhile and started it
> back up, I get the same message. Both the power supply and CPU fan are
> running and do not seem to be acting up.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with this problem and what it takes to
> resolve it? The PC did have some adware on it, but I removed it. Other
> than that, I've had no problems with it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> KP

Call Dell back and insist they fix your computer. You have some sort of
hardware failure beyond just the fans and it will not heal itself. This
is not a software issue (Windows).

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell