Workstation Service slow startup

I have a problem on my Toshiba Notebook. When Window XP with Sp1 start up,
the Workstation Service get very slow to start. it takes around one to two
mins to startup. Is there a way to fix this problem. Can I disable this
service at all?

You need to install Service Pack 2.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Checklist

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Sam Tsang" wrote:

| I have a problem on my Toshiba Notebook. When Window XP with Sp1 start up,
| the Workstation Service get very slow to start. it takes around one to two
| mins to startup. Is there a way to fix this problem. Can I disable this
| service at all?

Ok, will try to do this first. Thanks!