Workstation Service slow startup

I have a problem on my Toshiba Notebook. When Window XP with Sp1 start up,
the Workstation Service get very slow to start. it takes around one to two
mins to startup. Is there a way to fix this problem. Can I disable this
service at all?
2 answers Last reply
More about workstation service slow startup

    You need to install Service Pack 2.

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 Checklist

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

    http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
    to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

    How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Sam Tsang" wrote:

    | I have a problem on my Toshiba Notebook. When Window XP with Sp1 start up,
    | the Workstation Service get very slow to start. it takes around one to two
    | mins to startup. Is there a way to fix this problem. Can I disable this
    | service at all?

    Ok, will try to do this first. Thanks!

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You need to install Service Pack 2.
    >
    > Windows XP Service Pack 2 Checklist
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spackins.htm
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

    > http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315
    >
    > Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
    > http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button
    >
    > Symantec Security Check
    > http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX
    >
    > Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
    >
    > 3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    > Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
    > to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:
    >
    > Description of the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp
    >
    > How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp
    >
    > HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp
    >
    > 3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Sam Tsang" wrote:
    >
    > | I have a problem on my Toshiba Notebook. When Window XP with Sp1 start up,
    > | the Workstation Service get very slow to start. it takes around one to two
    > | mins to startup. Is there a way to fix this problem. Can I disable this
    > | service at all?

Workstations Slow Startup Windows XP