Slow picture saves.

I am having to wait a while after selecting "save picture as..." on internet
pictures. I have noticed it on several different sites with no bandwidth
problems. I have cable internet, and this is a new problem, just a week or
so old. Normally it is instant. I have run the latest ad-aware, spybot, and
that new MS anti-spyware beta. They got rid of some stuff, but after a
reboot I am still having the problem.

I need a few ideas to work from. if anyone needs any additional info, just
ask.

CPU: P4 2.4
Ram: 512mb pc2700
Mainboard: asus p4p800s-x

Much love!

Disk Cleanup, Delete Temporary Internet Files, are a couple suggestions.

Zeretul1 wrote:

> I am having to wait a while after selecting "save picture as..." on internet
> pictures. I have noticed it on several different sites with no bandwidth
> problems. I have cable internet, and this is a new problem, just a week or
> so old. Normally it is instant. I have run the latest ad-aware, spybot, and
> that new MS anti-spyware beta. They got rid of some stuff, but after a
> reboot I am still having the problem.
>
> I need a few ideas to work from. if anyone needs any additional info, just
> ask.
>
> CPU: P4 2.4
> Ram: 512mb pc2700
> Mainboard: asus p4p800s-x
>
> Much love!

Disk cleanup would not help, because if am attepting to save these files to
different drives. I have deleted my TI files a few times trying to fix this,
but it is not helping.

Any other advise will be appreciated.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Disk Cleanup, Delete Temporary Internet Files, are a couple suggestions.
>
> Zeretul1 wrote:
>
> > I am having to wait a while after selecting "save picture as..." on internet
> > pictures. I have noticed it on several different sites with no bandwidth
> > problems. I have cable internet, and this is a new problem, just a week or
> > so old. Normally it is instant. I have run the latest ad-aware, spybot, and
> > that new MS anti-spyware beta. They got rid of some stuff, but after a
> > reboot I am still having the problem.
> >
> > I need a few ideas to work from. if anyone needs any additional info, just
> > ask.
> >
> > CPU: P4 2.4
> > Ram: 512mb pc2700
> > Mainboard: asus p4p800s-x
> >
> > Much love!

I have noticed that cleaning up the temporary internet files helps for about
a day. Other than that, i'm still getting nowhere.

Much love!

"Bob I" wrote:

> Disk Cleanup, Delete Temporary Internet Files, are a couple suggestions.
>
> Zeretul1 wrote:
>
> > I am having to wait a while after selecting "save picture as..." on internet
> > pictures. I have noticed it on several different sites with no bandwidth
> > problems. I have cable internet, and this is a new problem, just a week or
> > so old. Normally it is instant. I have run the latest ad-aware, spybot, and
> > that new MS anti-spyware beta. They got rid of some stuff, but after a
> > reboot I am still having the problem.
> >
> > I need a few ideas to work from. if anyone needs any additional info, just
> > ask.
> >
> > CPU: P4 2.4
> > Ram: 512mb pc2700
> > Mainboard: asus p4p800s-x
> >
> > Much love!

In that case, set IE to clean up after itself. Tools, Internet Options,
Advanced, Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

Zeretul1 wrote:

> I have noticed that cleaning up the temporary internet files helps for about
> a day. Other than that, i'm still getting nowhere.
>
> Much love!
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Disk Cleanup, Delete Temporary Internet Files, are a couple suggestions.
>>
>>Zeretul1 wrote:
>>

>>>I am having to wait a while after selecting "save picture as..." on internet
>>>pictures. I have noticed it on several different sites with no bandwidth
>>>problems. I have cable internet, and this is a new problem, just a week or
>>>so old. Normally it is instant. I have run the latest ad-aware, spybot, and
>>>that new MS anti-spyware beta. They got rid of some stuff, but after a
>>>reboot I am still having the problem.
>>>
>>>I need a few ideas to work from. if anyone needs any additional info, just
>>>ask.
>>>
>>>CPU: P4 2.4
>>>Ram: 512mb pc2700
>>>Mainboard: asus p4p800s-x
>>>
>>>Much love!

Ok. While this may be good advice in general, it does not solve the problem.
I have a midrange system, and i have never had this problem before. It is a
new issue for me, and as I stated, clearing the TI files helps for a day or
so, it does not solve the problem. But thanks for the advice.

Much love!

"Bob I" wrote:

> In that case, set IE to clean up after itself. Tools, Internet Options,
> Advanced, Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.
>
> Zeretul1 wrote:
>
> > I have noticed that cleaning up the temporary internet files helps for about
> > a day. Other than that, i'm still getting nowhere.
> >
> > Much love!
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>Disk Cleanup, Delete Temporary Internet Files, are a couple suggestions.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Zeretul1 wrote:

> Ok. While this may be good advice in general, it does not solve the problem.
> I have a midrange system, and i have never had this problem before. It is a
> new issue for me, and as I stated, clearing the TI files helps for a day or
> so, it does not solve the problem. But thanks for the advice.
>
> Much love!

Then clean out the TIF every day.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock wrote:

> > Ok. While this may be good advice in general, it does not solve the problem.
> > I have a midrange system, and i have never had this problem before. It is a
> > new issue for me, and as I stated, clearing the TI files helps for a day or
> > so, it does not solve the problem. But thanks for the advice.
>
> Then clean out the TIF every day.

May have to if OP has started visiting horrid sites that contaminate the
cache. Especially the horrid sites that send executables into internet
cache.

If cleaning it out removes the issue then the problem is that it is
being filled and not getting cleaned out. If you don't have a malware
infestation, the instructions I provided will set it to clean up and put
an end to the issue.