cannot run defrag because of chkdsk

I chose to have the error checking thing run at boot up, now I can't run
defrag because it tells me that chkdsk is scheduled to run.

Where do I turn this off so I can run a defrag?

XP
IE
Compaq Presario

don't know what else you might need to know.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

--
-:¦:- Marlya -:¦:-
ebay seller id: treasures-2-treasure

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Marlya wrote:

> I chose to have the error checking thing run at boot up, now I can't run
> defrag because it tells me that chkdsk is scheduled to run.
>
> Where do I turn this off so I can run a defrag?
>
> XP
> IE
> Compaq Presario
>
> don't know what else you might need to know.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.

Go to Kelly's site at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm, click
on "C" and scroll down to Check Disk for tips on troubleshooting this.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:CHKntfs /XC:

"Marlya" wrote:

> I chose to have the error checking thing run at boot up, now I can't run
> defrag because it tells me that chkdsk is scheduled to run.
>
> Where do I turn this off so I can run a defrag?
>
> XP
> IE
> Compaq Presario
>
> don't know what else you might need to know.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
> --
> -:¦:- Marlya -:¦:-
> ebay seller id: treasures-2-treasure
> website: www.thejewelrysolution.com

Thank you! It is fixed. I knew this was the place to go for help. Ya'll are
great!!!

--
-:¦:- Marlya -:¦:-

Marlya wrote:
> Thank you! It is fixed. I knew this was the place to go for help. Ya'll are
> great!!!

Glad it's fixed. Care to share what fixed it?

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User