program kept minimizing itself

I have been trying to run a game which after started, kept minimizing
itself to the taskbar. When I click it to bring it up, it
automatically minimizes again. What gives?
2 answers Last reply
More about program minimizing itself

    Greetings,

    First of all, make sure your computer specifications meet the system
    requirements of the game you are trying to play. You can check for the
    system requirements on the back of the game box or on the offical game
    website.

    If still doesn't work try updating your graphic card drivers. If you have an
    ATI card, visit www.ati.com However, if you have a Nvidia Card, visit
    www.nvidia.com

    Also try downloading the latest patches for your game. Sometimes patches
    include in-game fixes and graphic card problems. You can looking for game
    patches on the offical website of the game.

    Lastly, try scanning your computer for any spyware, malware, adware, viruses
    and trojans.

    Spyware, malware and adware; can be removed with the following programs:

    1. Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    2. Adware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    3. Microsoft Anti-Spyware (Beta) -

    Thanks,

    Good luck,

    Jose Francisco

    "namsilat" <talismana@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have been trying to run a game which after started, kept minimizing
    > itself to the taskbar. When I click it to bring it up, it
    > automatically minimizes again. What gives?

    I was playing the game an hour prior to that, I exited the game, but
    when starting it again, it started to happen. I checked drivers for
    graphic card, checked for spyware/virus, patched the game, none of
    this worked. I even uninstalled and installed the game again, still
    did not work.

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:30:03 +0200, "Jose Francisco"
    <almach@onvol.net> wrote:

    >Greetings,
    >
    >First of all, make sure your computer specifications meet the system
    >requirements of the game you are trying to play. You can check for the
    >system requirements on the back of the game box or on the offical game
    >website.
    >
    >If still doesn't work try updating your graphic card drivers. If you have an
    >ATI card, visit www.ati.com However, if you have a Nvidia Card, visit
    >www.nvidia.com
    >
    >Also try downloading the latest patches for your game. Sometimes patches
    >include in-game fixes and graphic card problems. You can looking for game
    >patches on the offical website of the game.
    >
    >Lastly, try scanning your computer for any spyware, malware, adware, viruses
    >and trojans.
    >
    >Spyware, malware and adware; can be removed with the following programs:
    >
    >1. Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    >2. Adware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    >3. Microsoft Anti-Spyware (Beta) -
    >http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Good luck,
    >
    >Jose Francisco
    >
    >"namsilat" <talismana@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I have been trying to run a game which after started, kept minimizing
    >> itself to the taskbar. When I click it to bring it up, it
    >> automatically minimizes again. What gives?

Taskbar Games Microsoft Windows XP