IW: Re: Playing with time units

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

David Alex Lamb wrote:
> DataPacRat <datapacrat@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Trinity Reference Time:
>> Monday, July 16, 1945
>> 05:29:45 Mountain War Time (11:29:45 Greenwich)

> [snip a heck of a lot of numbers]
>
> Wow!
>
> Did your date calculations take into account all the leap seconds to which you
> referred?

I'm afraid not; leap seconds are a fairly recent innovation, and are
inserted practically randomly, depending on unpredictable variations
in the Earth's spin. For the dates, take any 18-digit precision with a
grain of salt, here. :)

Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat
"Niagara is a state of mind."

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

In article <7177e42e.0503241526.51f9674c@posting.google.com>,
DataPacRat <datapacrat@gmail.com> wrote:

I just paid attention to your userid; did you have anything to do with the
DataPac packet switching network?