Upgrade question

Death Dream

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I bought the Vista OEM System Builder Pack back when I was building my PC and was wondering if Microsoft is taking OEM CD keys for the upgrade to Windows 7. A friend of mine said they weren't. Just wanting to clarify this.

Would like to get Windows 7 upgrade while its on sale.

Thanks

Solution
Found this in some Microsoft press release:
"There is a lot of excitement for Windows 7 in the marketplace today. However, many consumers need a new Windows PC for school, work or home before October 22. So starting June 26th, any customer who buys a PC from a participating computer maker or retailer with Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate will also receive an upgrade to the corresponding version of Window 7 at little or no cost," said Brad Brooks, corporate vice president, Windows consumer marketing at Microsoft.

In other words, yes, unless you're currently using Windows Vista Home Basic.

MomoCC

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Found this in some Microsoft press release:
"There is a lot of excitement for Windows 7 in the marketplace today. However, many consumers need a new Windows PC for school, work or home before October 22. So starting June 26th, any customer who buys a PC from a participating computer maker or retailer with Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate will also receive an upgrade to the corresponding version of Window 7 at little or no cost," said Brad Brooks, corporate vice president, Windows consumer marketing at Microsoft.

In other words, yes, unless you're currently using Windows Vista Home Basic.

Solution