I have my hard drive partitioned into two volumes. When I try to defrag the D
drive, I get an error that "chkdsk/f is scheduled to run on this drive.
Please run chkdsk/f." I am unable to run a defrag on this drive. When I
reboot, chkdsk/f runs on the D drive, then the machine completes the restart
without finding any problems.

Hi Dave,

Click Start > click Run > type CMD > type chkdsk /f D: > Check disk will
scan and fix any errors found > When finished type defrag D: > Defrag will
run and defrag your hard drive. If your hard drive is filled to the brim
this will take ages though so hopefully you have plenty of free disk space as
the defrag tool needs this to move fragmented files to and then place them
back.

Joe
Kemco

"Dave G" wrote:

> I have my hard drive partitioned into two volumes. When I try to defrag the D
> drive, I get an error that "chkdsk/f is scheduled to run on this drive.
> Please run chkdsk/f." I am unable to run a defrag on this drive. When I
> reboot, chkdsk/f runs on the D drive, then the machine completes the restart
> without finding any problems.

Thanks. That did the trick.