Format Windows 7 with 95 disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl-scott

Honorable
No. Windows 95 can only handle FAT partitions -- FAT16 for Win95 gold and Win95a, Win95b (OSR2) and c had FAT32 support -- and almost every Windows 7 system will be using NTFS. If you had an NT4 or Windows 2000 disc, then maybe, but not Windows 95.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
What exactly are you trying to do? Do you plan to wipe a disk that had windows 7 on it because you replaced it. Are you moving the disk to another system? You might be able to accomplish what you want by much simpler means. If you tell us what your intended outcome is, maybe we can come up with a better solution.

literking

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

Basically the computer is acting slow and all other methods to chuck out and gremlins does not seem to be working. I have a 2000 Boot disk, I have just forgot the prompts and how to deal with them till you arrive at the format C or D prompt to type format that drive

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
That sounds to me like you are trying to reinstall windows from scratch. If that's what you want to do then all you really need to to is select Advanced options during the install and then delete your primary partition, reboot and the install should be able to use the empty unpartitioned disk to perform the install. Windows 7 setup will partition the disk and install windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.