Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

1080P HDTV 2560X1600 LCDmonitor is there any?TOP OF THE LINE

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
October 18, 2006 9:59:11 AM

Hi I’m building a new top of the line HDTV recording, editing, and burning system and well the computer portion is going fine the monitor I can’t seem to find.

I want a monitor that supports 1080p which is the resolution HD DVDs and blu ray disc are but i also want good resolution and response time and something bigger then 20 inches

Also I’m getting twin G7950s or I might wait for twin G8950 graphics card, I want a monitor then will support the highest resolution on either on these cards

price is not an object all i want is top-of-the-line high def gaming/HD content monitor which hopefully won't become useless in less then 3 years

Thank you in advance
October 18, 2006 11:18:52 AM

Quote:
Hi I’m building a new top of the line HDTV recording, editing, and burning system and well the computer portion is going fine the monitor I can’t seem to find.

I want a monitor that supports 1080p which is the resolution HD DVDs and blu ray disc are but i also want good resolution and response time and something bigger then 20 inches

Also I’m getting twin G7950s or I might wait for twin G8950 graphics card, I want a monitor then will support the highest resolution on either on these cards

price is not an object all i want is top-of-the-line high def gaming/HD content monitor which hopefully won't become useless in less then 3 years

Thank you in advance


Dell 3007WFP. There are not many models to choose from at this resolution.
October 18, 2006 3:18:16 PM

correct me if im wrong but that doesn't support 1080p native resolution, im going to get a HDTV tuner and i want to be able to see HDTV content as well a maybe a PS3 that i hook up to my computer in the future etc basically i need a 1080p HDTV monitor Thanks again
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 18, 2006 4:09:03 PM

OK, you said to "correct me if I'm wrong"....

1. There is no perfect display unit for both TV and PC monitor.

2. The best comprmise and closest you are going to come for 1080p is a computer monitor of at least 1920x1200... that means, 24" and up.

3. The Dell 30", WILL display 1080p, but as its native resolution is 1600 vertical, there will be black bars above and below the image.

If you get an HDTV LCD, you'll most assuredly be disappointed about its function as a PC monitor unless you can view it from 6 ft or more.
October 18, 2006 10:52:48 PM

i can connect the TV to my wall and veiw it as a monitor, but my only issue is, how will it look when i play games? as well? better? worse? then the dell 30" which one give me thebest of both worlds? i want awesome game graphics but at the same time best movie/HDTV res too, am i asking for too much?
October 18, 2006 11:55:53 PM

The game as well as the monitor will influence how it is displayed. Theoretically, you *should* have choices how you'd like it displayed.... native or stretched. Unfortunately, I can't tell you in advance how that will work for your games and whatever monitor you decide to buy.

Tvs and monitors are quite different. TVs are "low resolution, designed to be viewed from 6 ft or more". Monitors are "high resolution, designed to be viewed from about 2 ft."

You are asking a lot and there is no perfect answer. The BEST compromise for what you want is a PC monitor, at least 24", 1920x1200.
October 25, 2006 12:09:40 PM

Quote:
...closest you are going to come for 1080p is a computer monitor of at least 1920x1200... that means, 24" and up.


1080p is properly defined as 1920x1080 (16x9 aspect ratio), not 1920x1200 (16x10 aspect ratio).

Quote:
3. The Dell 30", WILL display 1080p, but as its native resolution is 1600 vertical, there will be black bars above and below the image.


Also, since it's native horizontal resolution is 2560, you'll have space on the left and right blacked out, too! In other words, you'd have your native 1080p movie playing in the middle, and black all around.

To better answer the OP, I'd recommend purchasing based on the screen size you desire. If a 24" screen is just right, look no further, but if you can handle a 30" screen, like Hose said, the Dell is the highest resolution display currently availible (at 2560x1600 native resolution). If you're OK sticking to 1080p native display resolution, and want a larger display there are a lot of good choices on the market. The Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" LCD TV can be had for a little over a grand right now. It's had very high marks considering it's budget price. They also make a 42" & 47" version if you want it to double with movie theater duties. THG just reviewed the 47", they said it makes a great computer monitor from 5-10' away.

Good Luck.
October 25, 2006 8:13:28 PM

Quote:
Hi I’m building a new top of the line HDTV recording, editing, and burning system and well the computer portion is going fine the monitor I can’t seem to find.

I want a monitor that supports 1080p which is the resolution HD DVDs and blu ray disc are but i also want good resolution and response time and something bigger then 20 inches

Also I’m getting twin G7950s or I might wait for twin G8950 graphics card, I want a monitor then will support the highest resolution on either on these cards

price is not an object all i want is top-of-the-line high def gaming/HD content monitor which hopefully won't become useless in less then 3 years

Thank you in advance


best thing to do would be get a nice hdtv, 27"-42" and get a ATI x1900 hdmi video card.
Ati is supposedly better for higher resolutions.
!