Windows Update Catalog

I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.

I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on the
Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to log
on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an Administrator!

Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about windows update catalog

    copy and paste the following url in the address bar box of Internet
    Explorer:-
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp

    Now you should find a message(at the top of the web page) prompting you
    to indicate whether you want to allow active content or,not;that you
    will now click 'YES' to allow the Web page to run ActiveX controls or
    scripts.This will fix the problem.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Paul wrote:

    > I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
    >
    > I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on the
    > Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to log
    > on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an Administrator!
    >
    > Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
    >
    > Thanks

    When I go there a page is displayed called Administrators only. It explains
    that you need to be logged on as administrator and how to do so.

    Any other ideas?

    "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    > copy and paste the following url in the address bar box of Internet
    > Explorer:-
    > http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp
    >
    > Now you should find a message(at the top of the web page) prompting you to
    > indicate whether you want to allow active content or,not;that you will now
    > click 'YES' to allow the Web page to run ActiveX controls or scripts.This
    > will fix the problem.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >

    > Paul wrote:
    >
    >> I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
    >>
    >> I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on
    >> the
    >> Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to
    >> log
    >> on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an
    >> Administrator!
    >>
    >> Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
    >>
    >> Thanks

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524/

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Paul wrote:

    > When I go there a page is displayed called Administrators only. It explains
    > that you need to be logged on as administrator and how to do so.
    >
    > Any other ideas?
    >

    > "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>copy and paste the following url in the address bar box of Internet
    >>Explorer:-
    >>http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp
    >>
    >>Now you should find a message(at the top of the web page) prompting you to
    >>indicate whether you want to allow active content or,not;that you will now
    >>click 'YES' to allow the Web page to run ActiveX controls or scripts.This
    >>will fix the problem.
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>ssg MS-MVP
    >>

    >>Paul wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
    >>>
    >>>I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on
    >>>the
    >>>Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to
    >>>log
    >>>on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an
    >>>Administrator!
    >>>
    >>>Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    I've tried this, unfortunately it doesnt work. Any other ideas?

    Paul wrote:

    > I've tried this, unfortunately it doesnt work. Any other ideas?

    Paul, you might want to post your question along with a list of all the
    things you have tried to the experts in the Windows Update Newsgroup:

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP