Windows Update Catalog

June 29, 2005 1:29:02 PM

I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.

I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on the
Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to log
on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an Administrator!

Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please

Thanks

More about : windows update catalog

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:40:50 PM

copy and paste the following url in the address bar box of Internet
Explorer:-
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...

Now you should find a message(at the top of the web page) prompting you
to indicate whether you want to allow active content or,not;that you
will now click 'YES' to allow the Web page to run ActiveX controls or
scripts.This will fix the problem.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Paul wrote:

> I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
>
> I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on the
> Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to log
> on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an Administrator!
>
> Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
>
> Thanks

June 29, 2005 7:40:51 PM

When I go there a page is displayed called Administrators only. It explains
that you need to be logged on as administrator and how to do so.

Any other ideas?

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> copy and paste the following url in the address bar box of Internet
> Explorer:-
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...
>
> Now you should find a message(at the top of the web page) prompting you to
> indicate whether you want to allow active content or,not;that you will now
> click 'YES' to allow the Web page to run ActiveX controls or scripts.This
> will fix the problem.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> Paul wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
>>
>> I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on
>> the
>> Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to
>> log
>> on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an
>> Administrator!
>>
>> Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
>>
>> Thanks
June 29, 2005 8:51:09 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524/

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Paul wrote:

> When I go there a page is displayed called Administrators only. It explains
> that you need to be logged on as administrator and how to do so.
>
> Any other ideas?
>

> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>
>>copy and paste the following url in the address bar box of Internet
>>Explorer:-
>>http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...
>>
>>Now you should find a message(at the top of the web page) prompting you to
>>indicate whether you want to allow active content or,not;that you will now
>>click 'YES' to allow the Web page to run ActiveX controls or scripts.This
>>will fix the problem.
>>
>>regards,
>>ssg MS-MVP
>>

>>Paul wrote:
>>

>>>I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
>>>
>>>I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on
>>>the
>>>Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to
>>>log
>>>on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an
>>>Administrator!
>>>
>>>Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
>>>
>>>Thanks

June 29, 2005 9:04:15 PM

I've tried this, unfortunately it doesnt work. Any other ideas?

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524/
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Paul wrote:
>
>> When I go there a page is displayed called Administrators only. It
>> explains that you need to be logged on as administrator and how to do so.
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>>

>> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>copy and paste the following url in the address bar box of Internet
>>>Explorer:-
>>>http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...
>>>
>>>Now you should find a message(at the top of the web page) prompting you
>>>to indicate whether you want to allow active content or,not;that you will
>>>now click 'YES' to allow the Web page to run ActiveX controls or
>>>scripts.This will fix the problem.
>>>
>>>regards,
>>>ssg MS-MVP

June 30, 2005 2:53:21 AM

Paul wrote:

> I've tried this, unfortunately it doesnt work. Any other ideas?

Paul, you might want to post your question along with a list of all the
things you have tried to the experts in the Windows Update Newsgroup:

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User