Archived from groups: microsoft.public.basic.dos,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi all!
I am trying to use the Runas command on windows Xp.
Now I had a look at what's on the web, forums etc. and it seems I'm not the
only one with this problem.
However mine is a simple setup.

One computer (no lan)
3 users Logging in without passwords.
all 3 are administrators.

All I want is to log on as user1 and run a program through a batch file
using user2 profile settings for this program.
It seems that runas will not work unless there is a password set for the
user.
Is there a way to use runas without being asked for a password?
Any help appreciated?
Thanks all

bahri

bahri wrote:
> Hi all!
> I am trying to use the Runas command on windows Xp.
> Now I had a look at what's on the web, forums etc. and it seems I'm not the
> only one with this problem.
> However mine is a simple setup.
>
> One computer (no lan)
> 3 users Logging in without passwords.
> all 3 are administrators.
>
> All I want is to log on as user1 and run a program through a batch file
> using user2 profile settings for this program.
> It seems that runas will not work unless there is a password set for the
> user.
> Is there a way to use runas without being asked for a password?
> Any help appreciated?
> Thanks all
>
> bahri

Your inquiry would probably reach a wider qualified audience in a
Windows XP forum like microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics or
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general .

This group was established for inquiries about Beginners All purpose
Symbolic Instruction Code (BASIC) programming language running in a DOS
(an operating system used before Windows) environment. There has been
MUCH confusion because someone thought the BASIC acronym was clever.
Note that Microsoft's BASIC programming tools for Windows are grouped
under microsoft.public.vb (vb for Visual BASIC)

Read the group names like a file path in your operating system, NOT like
an English sentence. View the periods as a separator with the broader
categories on the left.