Sign in with
Your question

Starcraft wont install

Last response: in Windows 7
August 29, 2012 12:18:14 AM

Hello,
i'm trying to install starcraft on windows 7. the install goes smoothly right up until the end, and then aborts the installation because it says
error code 0 windows cannot create directory c:\starcraft\maps. help? thank you

More about : starcraft wont install

August 29, 2012 1:07:22 AM

Are you installing the game as an administrator? Have you tried setting the compatibility mode to windows xp and then running as an admin?
August 29, 2012 12:52:09 PM

have you downloaded starcraft before?? Cuz for me it said some files already existed and you need to find those hidden folders and delete and redownload the game
Related resources
August 29, 2012 4:20:07 PM

emoon91 said:
have you downloaded starcraft before?? Cuz for me it said some files already existed and you need to find those hidden folders and delete and redownload the game

We do not support torrenting games or other forms of illegal possession/installation.

If you are trying to install a game which is not legitimate then please ask for help somewhere else.
August 30, 2012 8:29:00 PM

wasnt talking about torrenting :pfff:  how do you even torrent starcraft lool you need the online ID..

anyways you should try to find the hidden files and delete them and redownload.
August 30, 2012 10:03:32 PM

SC1 you could litterally mash they keyboard to find a legit CD key. I did it when I lost mine out of rage and was surprised it worked.

SC2 has been pirated and is easy to find -_-.
December 29, 2012 5:54:04 AM

theguernican said:
Hello,
i'm trying to install starcraft on windows 7. the install goes smoothly right up until the end, and then aborts the installation because it says
error code 0 windows cannot create directory c:\starcraft\maps. help? thank you

I am having the same issue. error message reads:

The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft.temp\Maps.temp\oldladder.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft.temp\Maps.temp\oldladder". (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/1)

Even when installing as an Administrator.

Edit: I purchased this game directly from blizzard's online store. It is not pirated in anyway shape or form. However it will not install on my computer and blizzard themselves provide absolutely zero help.
!