FS4 frame rates extremely slow

FS4 freshly installed on a P4 3.4 EE, 2 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce FX5700
w/256MB, latest Nvidia drivers, DirectX 9.0c. Game settings: 800x600, med res
set up for all functions (terrain detail, aicraft, etc.). HD freshly
defragmented. Rates are what you'd expect playing on a 386SX 16. Suggestions?

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:53:01 -0800, "Antelope39"
<Antelope39@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>FS4 freshly installed on a P4 3.4 EE, 2 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce FX5700
>w/256MB, latest Nvidia drivers, DirectX 9.0c. Game settings: 800x600, med res
>set up for all functions (terrain detail, aicraft, etc.). HD freshly
>defragmented. Rates are what you'd expect playing on a 386SX 16. Suggestions?

I suppose you are talking about FS9 (FS2004)? What frame rates do you
get exactly? Are you sure the program is running in accelerated mode?
Run dxdiag.exe and go through the tests, and post the output here. Is
FS in full screen or windowed mode? It sounds like it runs in emulated
2D mode, did you install/update the motherboard drivers as well as the
video ones?

By the way the FX5700 is really not a good match for a P4 Extreme
Edition, it will hog the system, a fastest video card would be a much
better fit...

===
Katy P.
MS_MVP for Flight Simulator