Every time I try to use Microsoft Works Task Launcher I get an Error Report.
When either the 'Send Error Report' or 'Ignore' button is clicked, Microsoft
Works immediately closes down. I have disabled Error Reporting in My
Computer to no avail, as the error message continues to appear.
Can anyone assist me in solving this problem please?

There is a details button on the error dialogue. What does it say? Obviously the
error is preventing your using Works... If you can solve the issue, the error will go
away.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Bushman Bob" <Bushman Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to use Microsoft Works Task Launcher I get an Error Report.
> When either the 'Send Error Report' or 'Ignore' button is clicked, Microsoft
> Works immediately closes down. I have disabled Error Reporting in My
> Computer to no avail, as the error message continues to appear.
> Can anyone assist me in solving this problem please?

Hi Mary,
Thanks for such a quick response.
The message in the error dialogue says:
AppName: msworks.exe AppVer: 7.2.620.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 offset: 0002ae22

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> There is a details button on the error dialogue. What does it say? Obviously the
> error is preventing your using Works... If you can solve the issue, the error will go
> away.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Bushman Bob" <Bushman Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I try to use Microsoft Works Task Launcher I get an Error Report.
> > When either the 'Send Error Report' or 'Ignore' button is clicked, Microsoft
> > Works immediately closes down. I have disabled Error Reporting in My
> > Computer to no avail, as the error message continues to appear.
> > Can anyone assist me in solving this problem please?

Did you try to reinstall or repair MS Works? Office has a repair feature.
Maybe Works does also.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

=?Utf-8?B?QnVzaG1hbiBCb2I=?= wrote:

> Every time I try to use Microsoft Works Task Launcher I get an Error Report.
> When either the 'Send Error Report' or 'Ignore' button is clicked, Microsoft
> Works immediately closes down. I have disabled Error Reporting in My
> Computer to no avail, as the error message continues to appear.
> Can anyone assist me in solving this problem please?

Uninstall works, reboot, install it again.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

I have unistalled and reinstalled Microsoft Works to no avail. The Error
Report still keeps appeariong

"Bushman Bob" wrote:

> Every time I try to use Microsoft Works Task Launcher I get an Error Report.
> When either the 'Send Error Report' or 'Ignore' button is clicked, Microsoft
> Works immediately closes down. I have disabled Error Reporting in My
> Computer to no avail, as the error message continues to appear.
> Can anyone assist me in solving this problem please?

Malke

Bushman Bob wrote:

> I have unistalled and reinstalled Microsoft Works to no avail. The
> Error Report still keeps appeariong
>
> "Bushman Bob" wrote:
>
>> Every time I try to use Microsoft Works Task Launcher I get an Error
>> Report. When either the 'Send Error Report' or 'Ignore' button is
>> clicked, Microsoft
>> Works immediately closes down. I have disabled Error Reporting in
>> My Computer to no avail, as the error message continues to appear.
>> Can anyone assist me in solving this problem please?

Try posting your question in a newsgroup for Microsoft Works. Here is a
list of all the MS newsgroups so you can find the correct one:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers