media to use for my new lite-on 832s?

kopykat

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2004
Hi,
After reading many reviews and asking alot of questions I have decided to buy the LiteOn 832s over the Nec's 2510A.
Now I wanted to ask if someone knows if ill be able to purchase x4 dvd- or dvd+ and burn at x8 speed (a feature ive heard is possible on the nec). If so, does anyone know which media to recommend? according to http://www.extrememhz.com/sohw832s-p1.shtml I noticed Ritec is a highly recommeded media for this burner, but they havent mentioned burning x4 media at x8. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? thank you.

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ritek G03 = 2x
Ritek G04 = 4x
Ritek G05 = 8x
Ritek G06 = 12x, may be upgraded to 16x when the standard is released.

You could try burning some G04 at 8x if your drive will let you.

*Dual PIII-800 @900 i440BX and Tualeron 1.2 @1.7 i815*

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 4x burns great at 8x. If you search the net a bit you'll figure out where to buy it. Some brand name media uses Taiyo Yuden, you'll find that info too.

DVD-R maintains the best compatability for your burned media with standalone players.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>