Active X Controls show as "2" file in Downloaded Progams F..

This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my Windows
Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer Graphic "E".
All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue E" on the folder.
Is there a string i can type to restore the folder itself to restore its
default windows association?
5 answers Last reply
More about active controls show file downloaded progams

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzY3VzdGVk?= <Discusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my
    > Windows Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer
    > Graphic "E". All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue
    > E" on the folder. Is there a string i can type to restore the folder
    > itself to restore its default windows association?

    Befroe trying this suggestion, I suggest you back up the files in the
    "Downloaded Program Files" folder. Try running these commands:

    REM Remove all traces of the older Downloaded Program Files.
    regsvr32.exe /i /u occache.dll
    REM You may also need this command.
    regsvr32.exe /u occache.dll

    REM Install a new Downloaded Program files afresh.
    regsvr32.exe /i occache.dll

    REM End.

    A side effect of this is that all your older ActiveX controls may be deleted.
    Hope it helps.

    oshah [shexec32]
    Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Error Reporting -> Choose Programs
    -> Do not report errors for these programs:

    Acrobat.exe
    waol.exe

    Jon

    "Discusted" <Discusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my Windows
    > Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer Graphic
    > "E".
    > All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue E" on the
    > folder.
    > Is there a string i can type to restore the folder itself to restore its
    > default windows association?

    OShah,

    I was never a DOS user so when you explain shell commands to me you must be
    specific, step-by-step. How do i use the REM command? Is REM short for
    Remove? Rem then enter? Then rem Downloaded Program Files?

    I am interested in trying your solution...

    "OShah" wrote:

    > =?Utf-8?B?RGlzY3VzdGVk?= <Discusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >
    > > This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my
    > > Windows Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer
    > > Graphic "E". All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue
    > > E" on the folder. Is there a string i can type to restore the folder
    > > itself to restore its default windows association?
    > >

    > Befroe trying this suggestion, I suggest you back up the files in the
    > "Downloaded Program Files" folder. Try running these commands:
    >
    > REM Remove all traces of the older Downloaded Program Files.
    > regsvr32.exe /i /u occache.dll
    > REM You may also need this command.
    > regsvr32.exe /u occache.dll
    >
    > REM Install a new Downloaded Program files afresh.
    > regsvr32.exe /i occache.dll
    >
    > REM End.
    >

    > A side effect of this is that all your older ActiveX controls may be deleted.
    > Hope it helps.

    > oshah [shexec32]
    > Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Error Reporting -> Choose Programs
    > -> Do not report errors for these programs:
    >
    > Acrobat.exe
    > waol.exe

    "REM" is for "Remark" and indicate that the line starting that way will
    be ignored by the computer. Is for humans to read only.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlzY3VzdGVk?= wrote:

    > I was never a DOS user so when you explain shell commands to me you must be
    > specific, step-by-step. How do i use the REM command? Is REM short for
    > Remove? Rem then enter? Then rem Downloaded Program Files?

    rem in batch files is used to put remarks about what is happening in the
    file. The pc ignores the line. IT's also commonly used to disable a
    legit command line in a batch file.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

Internet Explorer Activex Microsoft Windows XP