Active X Controls show as "2" file in Downloaded Progams F..

June 29, 2005 7:35:02 AM

This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my Windows
Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer Graphic "E".
All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue E" on the folder.
Is there a string i can type to restore the folder itself to restore its
default windows association?
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 8:45:45 AM

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzY3VzdGVk?= <Discusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my
> Windows Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer
> Graphic "E". All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue
> E" on the folder. Is there a string i can type to restore the folder
> itself to restore its default windows association?

Befroe trying this suggestion, I suggest you back up the files in the
"Downloaded Program Files" folder. Try running these commands:

REM Remove all traces of the older Downloaded Program Files.
regsvr32.exe /i /u occache.dll
REM You may also need this command.
regsvr32.exe /u occache.dll

REM Install a new Downloaded Program files afresh.
regsvr32.exe /i occache.dll

REM End.

A side effect of this is that all your older ActiveX controls may be deleted.
Hope it helps.

oshah [shexec32]
Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Error Reporting -> Choose Programs
-> Do not report errors for these programs:

Acrobat.exe
waol.exe

June 29, 2005 5:38:19 PM

news:o xwwe.10601$ZR1.7314@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net

Jon

"Discusted" <Discusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my Windows
> Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer Graphic
> "E".
> All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue E" on the
> folder.
> Is there a string i can type to restore the folder itself to restore its
> default windows association?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:52:01 PM

OShah,

I was never a DOS user so when you explain shell commands to me you must be
specific, step-by-step. How do i use the REM command? Is REM short for
Remove? Rem then enter? Then rem Downloaded Program Files?

I am interested in trying your solution...

"OShah" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?RGlzY3VzdGVk?= <Discusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my
> > Windows Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer
> > Graphic "E". All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue
> > E" on the folder. Is there a string i can type to restore the folder
> > itself to restore its default windows association?
> >

> Befroe trying this suggestion, I suggest you back up the files in the
> "Downloaded Program Files" folder. Try running these commands:
>
> REM Remove all traces of the older Downloaded Program Files.
> regsvr32.exe /i /u occache.dll
> REM You may also need this command.
> regsvr32.exe /u occache.dll
>
> REM Install a new Downloaded Program files afresh.
> regsvr32.exe /i occache.dll
>
> REM End.
>

> A side effect of this is that all your older ActiveX controls may be deleted.
> Hope it helps.

> oshah [shexec32]
> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Error Reporting -> Choose Programs
> -> Do not report errors for these programs:
>
> Acrobat.exe
> waol.exe

June 30, 2005 5:28:24 PM

"REM" is for "Remark" and indicate that the line starting that way will
be ignored by the computer. Is for humans to read only.

Discusted wrote:
> OShah,
>
> I was never a DOS user so when you explain shell commands to me you must be
> specific, step-by-step. How do i use the REM command? Is REM short for
> Remove? Rem then enter? Then rem Downloaded Program Files?
>
> I am interested in trying your solution...
>
> "OShah" wrote:
>

>>=?Utf-8?B?RGlzY3VzdGVk?= <Discusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>

>>>This is driving me crazy and i can't let it go! I noticed that my
>>>Windows Downloaded Program File Folder is without the Internet Explorer
>>>Graphic "E". All my other machines show the folder having IE's "big blue
>>>E" on the folder. Is there a string i can type to restore the folder
>>>itself to restore its default windows association?
>>>

>>Befroe trying this suggestion, I suggest you back up the files in the
>>"Downloaded Program Files" folder. Try running these commands:
>>
>>REM Remove all traces of the older Downloaded Program Files.
>>regsvr32.exe /i /u occache.dll
>>REM You may also need this command.
>>regsvr32.exe /u occache.dll
>>
>>REM Install a new Downloaded Program files afresh.
>>regsvr32.exe /i occache.dll
>>
>>REM End.
>>

>>A side effect of this is that all your older ActiveX controls may be deleted.
>>Hope it helps.
>>
>>--
>>oshah [shexec32]
>>Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Error Reporting -> Choose Programs
>>-> Do not report errors for these programs:
>>
>>Acrobat.exe
>>waol.exe

July 1, 2005 4:44:03 PM

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzY3VzdGVk?= wrote:

> I was never a DOS user so when you explain shell commands to me you must be
> specific, step-by-step. How do i use the REM command? Is REM short for
> Remove? Rem then enter? Then rem Downloaded Program Files?

rem in batch files is used to put remarks about what is happening in the
file. The pc ignores the line. IT's also commonly used to disable a
legit command line in a batch file.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
!