Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

I posted a few weeks ago about the strangest or weirdest vehicles in a
serious campaign. As a follwup, anyone want to submit the strangest or
weirdest robot to be found in a serious campaign?

Shermanlee

"Johnny1a" <shermanlee1@hotmail.com> writes:

>I posted a few weeks ago about the strangest or weirdest vehicles in a
>serious campaign. As a follwup, anyone want to submit the strangest or
>weirdest robot to be found in a serious campaign?

OGRE
--
Chimes peal joy. Bah. Joseph Michael Bay
Icy colon barge Cancer Biology

"Johnny1a" <shermanlee1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I posted a few weeks ago about the strangest or weirdest vehicles in a
> serious campaign. As a follwup, anyone want to submit the strangest or
> weirdest robot to be found in a serious campaign?
>
> Shermanlee

I had a gadgeteer character who built several guided missiles that were
piloted by tiny cowboy hat wearing robots. Sort of a Dr. Strangelove kind
of thing.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

For a Trekkish game with access to stasis fields and anti-stasis fields
(where time went faster inside), a gadgeteer PC once invented a
horse-shaped robot with a chronowomb; biomass went in one end, horses
(newborns or adults) came out the other. Built up herds quite quickly.
Of course, it also had the necessary tools for other equine-related
activities, for maintaining the herds' health, taking genetic samples
or implanting fertilized ovum...

The game also involved time-travel, and one time-traveller claimed to
have been nearly killed by rustlers near one of these robots -
decapitated, even - only to have it save his brain... by sticking it
into a brand-new horse body.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

OK, that definitely qualifies as a very strange robot! :lol:

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Johnny1a <shermanlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I posted a few weeks ago about the strangest or weirdest vehicles in a
> serious campaign. As a follwup, anyone want to submit the strangest or
> weirdest robot to be found in a serious campaign?

We once played a game where everybody had some points and some money
to spend on designing their robot character. Because of some silly
rule in GURPS Robots, robots that don't look human get way more for
their points than humanoid robots, so everybody build huge, ugly,
terrifyingly powerful robots. I build a very human robot, and had a
lot of money left, with I designed a small mecha that would be piloted
by my robot.

So it's not as weird as the horse, it is the weirdest thing I've done
with GURPS Robots.

mcv.

TRENDING THREADS