Constant Reboot after Upgrade to Windows XP Pro

Computer is constantly rebooting after upgrading to windows XP pro
from Windows 2000 Pro. Upgrade to Windows XP pro SP1 and
attempted to install SP2 and the problem starts happening...
Computer constant Reboot
AMD Duron 800MHZ
256 Meg of Memory
2 HDD
32 Meg Video card..

anybody had this problem or know how to fix or any help
suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about constant reboot upgrade windows

    Hi

    If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
    Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
    Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
    you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
    BSOD?

    Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
    refer to the problem.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Bassim Faouzi" <bassim.faouzi@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Computer is constantly rebooting after upgrading to windows XP pro
    > from Windows 2000 Pro. Upgrade to Windows XP pro SP1 and
    > attempted to install SP2 and the problem starts happening...
    > Computer constant Reboot
    > AMD Duron 800MHZ
    > 256 Meg of Memory
    > 2 HDD
    > 32 Meg Video card..
    >
    > anybody had this problem or know how to fix or any help
    > suggestion will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I will try that and post my BSOD and event Viewer on here
    Do you want the System Event or application or Security or
    all of them..

    > Hi
    >
    > If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
    > Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
    > Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
    > you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from
    > the
    > BSOD?
    >
    > Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there
    > may
    > refer to the problem.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Bassim Faouzi" <bassim.faouzi@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Computer is constantly rebooting after upgrading to windows XP pro
    >> from Windows 2000 Pro. Upgrade to Windows XP pro SP1 and
    >> attempted to install SP2 and the problem starts happening...
    >> Computer constant Reboot
    >> AMD Duron 800MHZ
    >> 256 Meg of Memory
    >> 2 HDD
    >> 32 Meg Video card..
    >>
    >> anybody had this problem or know how to fix or any help
    >> suggestion will be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    Hi

    If there are any 'Error' entries in the Event Viewer, could you please post
    the Event ID and Source.

    --

    >I will try that and post my BSOD and event Viewer on here
    > Do you want the System Event or application or Security or
    > all of them..

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
    >> Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup
    >> and
    >> Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
    >> you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from
    >> the
    >> BSOD?
    >>
    >> Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there
    >> may
    >> refer to the problem.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Bassim Faouzi" <bassim.faouzi@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> Computer is constantly rebooting after upgrading to windows XP pro
    >>> from Windows 2000 Pro. Upgrade to Windows XP pro SP1 and
    >>> attempted to install SP2 and the problem starts happening...
    >>> Computer constant Reboot
    >>> AMD Duron 800MHZ
    >>> 256 Meg of Memory
    >>> 2 HDD
    >>> 32 Meg Video card..
    >>>
    >>> anybody had this problem or know how to fix or any help
    >>> suggestion will be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

Constant Reboot Computers Windows XP