generic USB audio driver

June 29, 2005 6:14:12 PM

Ive got this USB phone above and it keeps asking for the generic USB audio
drivers. Only nothing gets installed. Ive put my XP disc in but nothing gets
loaded. Is there any way I can download this driver from Microsoft?
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 6:14:13 PM

Which phone ? - You should use the driver package included with the
device itself. Check the vendor's website and download the latest
package available. Using a "Generic" driver of any type may not work
properly with your hardware. Post back with the vendor/model info &
someone may be able to provide more assistance.

"F9" <Me@freeinternet.com> wrote in message
> Ive got this USB phone above and it keeps asking for the generic USB audio
> drivers. Only nothing gets installed. Ive put my XP disc in but nothing
> gets
> loaded. Is there any way I can download this driver from Microsoft?

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 8:57:14 PM

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Which phone ? - You should use the driver package included with the
> device itself. Check the vendor's website and download the latest
> package available. Using a "Generic" driver of any type may not work
> properly with your hardware. Post back with the vendor/model info &
> someone may be able to provide more assistance.
>
> "F9" <Me@freeinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Ive got this USB phone above and it keeps asking for the generic USB
>> audio
>> drivers. Only nothing gets installed. Ive put my XP disc in but nothing
>> gets
>> loaded. Is there any way I can download this driver from Microsoft?

The phone is the Atcom au-100. The mini CD it came with said that it only
used the generic USB audio driver that comes with windows.

I cant get it to load off my XP CD and there's nothing on the website
(http://www.atcom.com.cn/). It definately wants this generic driver. Is
there anywhere I can download it?
June 29, 2005 8:58:16 PM

> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Which phone ? - You should use the driver package included with the
>> device itself. Check the vendor's website and download the latest
>> package available. Using a "Generic" driver of any type may not work
>> properly with your hardware. Post back with the vendor/model info &
>> someone may be able to provide more assistance.
>>
>> "F9" <Me@freeinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> Ive got this USB phone above and it keeps asking for the generic USB
>>> audio
>>> drivers. Only nothing gets installed. Ive put my XP disc in but nothing
>>> gets
>>> loaded. Is there any way I can download this driver from Microsoft?
>
> The phone is the Atcom au-100. The mini CD it came with said that it only
> used the generic USB audio driver that comes with windows.
>
> I cant get it to load off my XP CD and there's nothing on the website
> (http://www.atcom.com.cn/). It definately wants this generic driver. Is
> there anywhere I can download it?

Also have tried it on two separate computers with the same result.
Anonymous
October 22, 2010 7:52:14 AM

The Generic Driver for the USB port is Not an Operating windows system , it is from your manufacturer of your pc or the hardware device you are installing at least.

I would search for your manufacture driver for that usb port, then make sure the driver is compatible with your operating system....meaning windows xp or whatever.

make sense, i dont know why ppl dont give help , but create a way to be difficult or ask a billion questions.
the analness these days of dangerous know it alls.
although i am not claiming to be above it or better, just trying to be helpful...
!