desktop icons on taskbar

Hi, I used to be able to moved or copy my desktop icons on the taskbar but it
seem it does not work anymore. Help please
--
XP home , Office 97

any or all responses are gratefully accepted and thank you for your time

Running Compaq P3, 500Mhz
WIN XP home, Office 97
Dialup (no choice here)

Malke

justamailman wrote:

> Hi, I used to be able to moved or copy my desktop icons on the taskbar
> but it seem it does not work anymore. Help please

Is the taskbar locked? Right-click on an empty area of it and unlock it.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

no it is not locked I have checked, that sorry
--

"justamailman" wrote:

> Hi, I used to be able to moved or copy my desktop icons on the taskbar but it
> seem it does not work anymore. Help please
> --
> XP home , Office 97
>
> any or all responses are gratefully accepted and thank you for your time
>
> Running Compaq P3, 500Mhz
> WIN XP home, Office 97
> Dialup (no choice here)

but I have to admit that I am using a new old laptop Dell600 with WinXP Home
but may be I don't have all the updates in yet . But SP2 is in though.
--

"justamailman" wrote:

> Hi, I used to be able to moved or copy my desktop icons on the taskbar but it
> seem it does not work anymore. Help please
> --
> XP home , Office 97
>
> any or all responses are gratefully accepted and thank you for your time
>
> Running Compaq P3, 500Mhz
> WIN XP home, Office 97
> Dialup (no choice here)

sorry to all it was my quick launch that was closed, that is where they were