How do I stop printer from printing all 200 pages

peterm

How can I stop the printer from processing more pages? I use Win XP Home.
For some reason my printer a HP LaserJet 4v decided to spool 200 pages
instead of 1 page. In trying to stop it, I tried turning off the printer and
on again, holding down the "On Line" button, and it just kept on starting
right there where I left off. Is there a trick to stop printing? I also
clicked on the little printer icon on the task bar, and clicked on "cancel"
Any help is appreciated............Peter

Hi Peter,

Try clicking into Control Panel > Printers and other Hardware > Printers and
Faxes > double click your printer(same thing as the printer icon in task bar)
> Click printer > click pause printing > go back into printers > Click cancel
all documents. That will take care of stopping the print jobs. As far as
how you got 200 pages to print at once is beyond me but you may try looking
at your printer manufacturers website for new drivers for your printer.
Thats all I can help you with hope everything works out

"PeterM" wrote:

> How can I stop the printer from processing more pages? I use Win XP Home.
> For some reason my printer a HP LaserJet 4v decided to spool 200 pages
> instead of 1 page. In trying to stop it, I tried turning off the printer and
> on again, holding down the "On Line" button, and it just kept on starting
> right there where I left off. Is there a trick to stop printing? I also
> clicked on the little printer icon on the task bar, and clicked on "cancel"
> Any help is appreciated............Peter

Unplug the power from the printer, for a few minutes... open
the printer properties and purge the document from the list.

When you print to an HP printer, the default is to print
all, but you can select to print just the current page or to
print a select page(s).

I'm guessing that the LaserJet 4v has built-in RAM and the
entire 200 pages was sent to the printer already.

some support

"PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message
| How can I stop the printer from processing more pages? I
use Win XP Home.
| For some reason my printer a HP LaserJet 4v decided to
spool 200 pages
| instead of 1 page. In trying to stop it, I tried turning
off the printer and
| on again, holding down the "On Line" button, and it just
kept on starting
| right there where I left off. Is there a trick to stop
printing? I also
| clicked on the little printer icon on the task bar, and
clicked on "cancel"
| Any help is appreciated............Peter

Bobby

Yes and in order to clear the memory you should unplug the printer as
stated. If you have already canceled the documents then the above should be
enough to stop the printing.