3 Dimensional LCD Display

RichPLS

Champion
Anyone tried these? No glasses required, and todays top end graphic cards power this.
<A HREF="http://www.dti3d.com/Products/dti_displays.htm" target="_new"> 3 Dimensional LCD Display </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
The problem there is u need to stand at a precise angle in front of the LCD to get the effect and generally the specs on those things are not breathtaking....

<font color=white>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=white>
<font color=green>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=green>
<font color=red>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
I am not sure, but I think this new generation has a larger viewing angle. In 2D the display is 1280x1024, at 3D it is 640x480, and done with multiple layers of LCD material. Least that is what I understand.

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Have you viewed one?
Does anyone know anyone who uses one?

The technology seems promising.

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
cool, that musta been fun to produce.

Q: is it really 3D (so i can shift my head a little to the left to see some of the side of the object) or is it the illution of 3D?

the layering may actually be able to pull off a partial real 3D effect...no?

<b><A HREF="http://www.digitalgunfire.com" target="_new">DigitalGunfire-Industrial EBM</A></b>
ASUS P4S8X-P4 2.4B - 2x512M DDR333 - ATI 9500Pro - WD80G HD(8M) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW

palmerg

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
Never tried any of these. Did have a pair of those slider glasses that worked with CRTs. That was kind of cool but you stil have what is to me the most annoying problem.You can't see around corners or use any periipheral vision. I have seen some full immersion goggles at the AF labs where I work on occasion. Let me tell you that is cool when you are actually in the scene in 3D. The graphics I saw were not very good comapred to todays games. When that technology comes to the comsumer at a reasonable price everything will change.