rahul

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I use internet explorer or microsoft help files and other text based
items in windows, the fonts are messed up as in they are really big and
overlap. the colors are always blue with a white background even in webpages
where there is supposed to be a black background. I've check the
accessibility options as well as changing the text size and nothing seems to
work.

"Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I use internet explorer or microsoft help files and other text based
>items in windows, the fonts are messed up as in they are really big and
>overlap. the colors are always blue with a white background even in webpages
>where there is supposed to be a black background. I've check the
>accessibility options as well as changing the text size and nothing seems to
>work.

Try reinstalling the video drivers. Boot to the Safe Mode and remove
the video card from the Device Manager. Restart Windows so that the
card is reinstalled during the boot process.
"A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

rahul

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

everything else works fine. I'm sure it is not a video card issue, otherwise
the rest of windows would be messed up. All other programs work and look
fine, even the windows desktop

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When I use internet explorer or microsoft help files and other text based
> >items in windows, the fonts are messed up as in they are really big and
> >overlap. the colors are always blue with a white background even in webpages
> >where there is supposed to be a black background. I've check the
> >accessibility options as well as changing the text size and nothing seems to
> >work.
>
> Try reinstalling the video drivers. Boot to the Safe Mode and remove
> the video card from the Device Manager. Restart Windows so that the
> card is reinstalled during the boot process.
> "A Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222)
>
> --
> (tm)
> ICQ: 192649233

shaz

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

I have had a similar problem develop and am trying to find out whats going
on. I have heard of others with same. It appeared to happen to me after
opening email but have completed all virus and adware checks which come up
nothing.
My fonts went all large and different style in IE, outlook express and
another programe I use called turbo lister.
I would love to know whats going on.
Even intermittently when I click on something it will keep it highlighted as
if I am holding down the Ctrl key this even happens on my desktop as well as
the programes I have listed.
Have you had similar and have you found cause or solution?
--
Shaz says thank you

"Rahul" wrote:

> When I use internet explorer or microsoft help files and other text based
> items in windows, the fonts are messed up as in they are really big and
> overlap. the colors are always blue with a white background even in webpages
> where there is supposed to be a black background. I've check the
> accessibility options as well as changing the text size and nothing seems to
> work.

Did you ever solve this problem? I have a similar problem and have been
unable to solve it. Ran a font repair with TweakUI, checked for viruses,
adware, etc....nothing. Seems to get worse with Outlook Express. Fonts get
large and system seems to keep saving too frequently and that interfers by
causes some letters not to appear while typing.