Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Getting an upgrade soon, advice on what to get?

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
January 29, 2011 1:57:19 PM

Hello, I currently have the Samsung Moment with android 2.1 on the Sprint network. I will be getting an upgrade to my phone on February 18th and I'm not quite sure what phone I should get. My top choices, currently, are either the Samsung Epic 4g or the HTC Evo Shift 4g. Which do you guys perfer? Or should I wait for newer, better phones to come out, i.e. dual-core phones (lg optimus 2x), if they even come to Sprint.

Thanks,
Andy

More about : upgrade advice

a b Ë Android
January 29, 2011 2:44:46 PM

If you wait,you can't every buy anything;furhtermore,Optimus isn't out yet so you may want to wait for a review first before buying.
Currently,Google Nexus S or Samsung galaxy S would be great options for upgrading.
Score
January 30, 2011 5:03:20 PM

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, Google Nexus S isn't for Sprint :(  otherwise I would definitely buy that phone. Sprint does have a galaxy S phone which is the Epic 4g. I'm thinking about that or the Shift 4g. I've heard a lot of bad stories about problems with the Epic 4g which is why I'm hesitant to buy it, as I think it is the faster phone overall.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ë Android
January 31, 2011 5:19:17 AM

HTC Shift 4G is a good choice but Epic 4G is better because of having overall better specs.
Where have you read bad stories about it ?
Anandtech did a review of it sometime ago and aside from some GPS problems(which Galaxy S also had and i think it was fixed via a software update),they were overall happy with it
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3891/samsung-epic-4g-revi...
February 9, 2011 11:02:46 PM

Best answer selected by aladd04.
Score
a b Ë Android
February 12, 2011 8:50:48 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!