Sign in with
Your question

Need docking station to provide power to Inspiron 1150...

Last response: in Computer Brands
October 25, 2006 7:38:03 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop just under 2 years old. I began having power problems with it after the 1st year. Through web searches I've read many many many other Dell "craptop" owners suffer the same power problems.

My power plug came free from the motherboard and so obviously it won't charge. The connections themselves have melted/broken off so my options are either buy a new plug and try to solder it on, or get a new motherboard. My battery died (no battery power remaining) before I had the chance to recharge it, so my laptop is basically an expensive doorstop.

I've been reading through sites on the web where people recommend buying a docking station as a temporary solution, so I bought one. It just came in the mail today and I'm a little pissed because it doesn't have a power plug. I bought a refurbished Dell Kensington docking station compatible with my laptop so I guess i just naively *assumed* it would have the plug for it's own laptop...

Anyways....can someone recommend a docking station that is compatible with my laptop & has a power option to provide power and/or charge the battery when being used?!?!?!?!

Thank you in advance.
November 1, 2006 12:19:42 PM

Unfortunately, you are out of luck unless you have the motherboard repaired. :?
!