MN700 and WPA

I'm having a very annoying problem with this router.
When using WEP encryption, the router hums along without
incident. When I enable WPA however, the MN710 adapters
are not allowed to connect to the router. I get an
invalid key warning. The phrase is the same across the
network and yet the router repeatedly tells me they are
invalid. This is either a problem with the router or
the adapter software. All machines are on XP pro and
have the WPA update installed. When I call tech support
I get the "are you at the computer" question. I know
what the symptoms are, I just want a solution rather than
going through the motions with no end result.

Microsoft: Is there a bug in your code? Yes or no and
when can I get a firmware fix for it?
3 answers Last reply
More about mn700

    Uninstall the broadband networking software as it does not support WPA.
    Start using Windows XP's built in support for wireless networking.

    Jon wrote:
    > I'm having a very annoying problem with this router.
    > When using WEP encryption, the router hums along without
    > incident. When I enable WPA however, the MN710 adapters
    > are not allowed to connect to the router. I get an
    > invalid key warning. The phrase is the same across the
    > network and yet the router repeatedly tells me they are
    > invalid. This is either a problem with the router or
    > the adapter software. All machines are on XP pro and
    > have the WPA update installed. When I call tech support
    > I get the "are you at the computer" question. I know
    > what the symptoms are, I just want a solution rather than
    > going through the motions with no end result.
    >
    > Microsoft: Is there a bug in your code? Yes or no and
    > when can I get a firmware fix for it?

    > Start using Windows XP's built in support for wireless networking.

    How does one go about doing that?

    I have had the same anoying problem...I have already
    removed the broadband utility, configured everthing with
    the zero configuation utility, and still lose connection
    after a day. The only way to reconnect is to reset the
    base station, which is a pain in the butt!

Routers Microsoft Networking