Clearing the search engine cache

June 29, 2005 12:57:05 PM

I use MSN, Google, Altavista and Yahoo search when searching the web. I've
noticed that the cache for each of these sites contains all the searches that
I have ever searched for. Some of this information is related to my business
and I want others not to have access to it. Therefore, how do I clear the
search engine cache to remove this information? I'm surprised that something
this basic isn't cleared when clearing the system cache. Sounds like a
simple security measure to me.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:03:07 PM

Hi Hghroller,

I would strongly disagree with what Carey told you to do. I believe she
missunderstood you. That would remove all of the frequently used programs on
your start menu. As far as clearing the SEARCH ENGINE cache. go to Control
panel > Internet > Internet Options > Click Delete Cookies > Click Delete
Files and checkmark delete all offline content and click ok > click clear
history and you should be all cleaned up.

Joe

Kemco IT Professional

"hghroller711" wrote:

> I use MSN, Google, Altavista and Yahoo search when searching the web. I've
> noticed that the cache for each of these sites contains all the searches that
> I have ever searched for. Some of this information is related to my business
> and I want others not to have access to it. Therefore, how do I clear the
> search engine cache to remove this information? I'm surprised that something
> this basic isn't cleared when clearing the system cache. Sounds like a
> simple security measure to me.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:26:44 PM

Right-click on your Taskbar and select:
Properties > Start Menu > Customize > Clear

Third-party solution:

System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet tracks
and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
Windows Temp Folder and much more.
http://www.igorshpak.net/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"hghroller711" wrote:

| I use MSN, Google, Altavista and Yahoo search when searching the web. I've
| noticed that the cache for each of these sites contains all the searches that
| I have ever searched for. Some of this information is related to my business
| and I want others not to have access to it. Therefore, how do I clear the
| search engine cache to remove this information? I'm surprised that something
| this basic isn't cleared when clearing the system cache. Sounds like a
| simple security measure to me.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:36:18 PM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply, however, that didn't work. Here's a solution directly
from Microsoft support.

1. Open IE, click Tools and click Internet Options.

2. Switch to the Content tab, click AutoComplete. Clear Forms.

Then click OK to quit.

That works!! However, be careful that you don't have other forms that you
don't want to clear. I use a special form for my regular email that was
cleared. Fortunately, I had it backed up.

Best regards,

'roller

!