Error Dll

recently i have been getting the message DLLc:\windows\system32\winhttp.dll
is not a valid windows image please check this against the installtion disc
can anybody explain what this is and how to remove the error
Help
--
johjo1959

Hi

Do you get the error message at any particular time - i.e. when using one
certain program?

From Start>Run type

sfc /scannow

That command will replace any system files that may have become corrupted
somehow. You may have to have your XP CD to hand.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"JJB" <JJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> recently i have been getting the message
> DLLc:\windows\system32\winhttp.dll
> is not a valid windows image please check this against the installtion
> disc
> can anybody explain what this is and how to remove the error
> Help
> --
> johjo1959

Hi will it happens when the system boots up and when I try to enter help
--
johjo1959

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do you get the error message at any particular time - i.e. when using one
> certain program?
>
> From Start>Run type
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> That command will replace any system files that may have become corrupted
> somehow. You may have to have your XP CD to hand.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "JJB" <JJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > recently i have been getting the message
> > DLLc:\windows\system32\winhttp.dll
> > is not a valid windows image please check this against the installtion
> > disc
> > can anybody explain what this is and how to remove the error
> > Help
> > --
> > johjo1959

Hi

The file may have become corrupted - try the sfc /scannow command to see if
it can be replaced.

--

> Hi will it happens when the system boots up and when I try to enter help
> --
> johjo1959
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Do you get the error message at any particular time - i.e. when using one
>> certain program?
>>
>> From Start>Run type
>>
>> sfc /scannow
>>
>> That command will replace any system files that may have become corrupted
>> somehow. You may have to have your XP CD to hand.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "JJB" <JJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > recently i have been getting the message
>> > DLLc:\windows\system32\winhttp.dll
>> > is not a valid windows image please check this against the installtion
>> > disc
>> > can anybody explain what this is and how to remove the error
>> > Help
>> > --
>> > johjo1959

Thanks will great job dine the trick