External Internet Links

Hey, that fixed the Outlook problem. Now it's just MSN conversations..
You should be able to open links in conversation windows in MSN 7.0,
right? The wierd thing is that sometimes if I click a link multiple
times I can get it to work. Does this point to a problem with MSN?

--
Isolated
1 answer Last reply

    You can post your query to this MSN Messenger-specific newsgroup:

    microsoft.public.msn.messenger

    On the web:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.msn.messenger

    In your newsreader:

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Isolated wrote:
    > Hey, that fixed the Outlook problem. Now it's just MSN conversations..
    > You should be able to open links in conversation windows in MSN 7.0,
    > right? The wierd thing is that sometimes if I click a link multiple
    > times I can get it to work. Does this point to a problem with MSN?
    >

    > Wesley Vogel Wrote:
    > > No Links
    > > http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
    > >
    > > Links In Outlook Express mail and news don't work.
    > >
    > > If you click on links in OE mail and news and they do not work, it's
    > > because
    > > Outlook Express is not your default mail and news program and IE is not
    > > your
    > > default browser. Do this:
    > > 1--In Outlook Express, go to Tools | Options and make sure that
    > > "Make Outlook Express my default mail program" and
    > > "Make Outlook Express my default news reader are checked.
    > > 2--In IE, go to View | Internet Options | Programs
    > > and select OE for mail and news.
    > > Also, be sure "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the
    > > default browser" is checked.
    > > ----
    > >
    > > Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
    > > http://tinyurl.com/6ho36
    > >
    > > From MS Word HELP:
    > >
    > > To turn on automatic hyperlinks, follow these steps:
    > > a. On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options.
    > > b. On the AutoFormat as you type tab (and on the AutoFormat), click
    > > select the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >
    > > Wes
    > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > In news:Isolated.1rd11p@pcbanter.net,
    > > Isolated Isolated.1rd11p@pcbanter.net hunted and pecked:-
    > > Hi. I'm having problems with links outside of Internet Explorer.
    > > Anything that is supposed to open a site with Internet Explorer will
    > > not worl. This includes links in Outlook Express emails, MSN
    > > conversations, items on right-click menus on my contact list, etc. I
    > > really have no idea waht may be causing this, but I'd appreciate help
    > > with this. :)
    > >
    > > By the way, my computer's 100% spyware, adware, and adware free.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Isolated-

Internet Explorer Outlook Express Windows XP