Soft Weapons

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Just caught the end of a show about martial arts on the Discovery Channel. They
were discussing 'soft weapons'. The only one I saw was a weight on a string
being swung around like Nunchaku. The expert being interviewed was talking about
this thing being like a "bullet on a string" when discussing the damage.

Any info about 'soft weapon' use and construction for GURPS?
--
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men? The Shadow do!
--Flip Wilson

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

In article <evil-41C02F.21084619062005@news.supernews.com>,
Kent Allard <evil@hearts_of_men.net> wrote:
>Just caught the end of a show about martial arts on the Discovery Channel. They
>were discussing 'soft weapons'. The only one I saw was a weight on a string
>being swung around like Nunchaku. The expert being interviewed was
>talking about
>this thing being like a "bullet on a string" when discussing the damage.
>
>Any info about 'soft weapon' use and construction for GURPS?

I remember being particularly intrigued by an article on the "rope dart",
which is a dart, or knife, tied to a rope some ten feet long or so. They
have amazing ways of wrapping the rope around their bodies and shooting
the dart out with great speed, then recovering it and doing it again.

--
"You're not as dumb as you look. Or sound. Or our best testing
indicates." -- Monty Burns to Homer Simpson

Peter Meilinger wrote:
> Sadly, the only soft weapon experience I have is the old rolled
> up sock inside another sock trick. I must've had at least half a
> point in that skill when I was a kid, but my ability has atrophied
> since then.

<appreciative chuckle>

Max Wilson

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Kent Allard <evil@hearts_of_men.net> wrote:
>Just caught the end of a show about martial arts on the Discovery Channel.
> They were discussing 'soft weapons'. The only one I saw was a weight on
>a string being swung around like Nunchaku. The expert being interviewed
>was talking about this thing being like a "bullet on a string" when
>discussing the damage.

Y'know, if you tied a string to a bullet and swung it at someone
it really wouldn't do all that much damage.

Sadly, the only soft weapon experience I have is the old rolled
up sock inside another sock trick. I must've had at least half a
point in that skill when I was a kid, but my ability has atrophied
since then.

Pete