Sign in with
Your question

Missing port (com - lpt) in windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
August 29, 2012 1:44:48 PM

i dont shown port (com - lpt ) in device managment .

plz help me to shown port option .
a b $ Windows 7
August 29, 2012 1:47:03 PM

what do u want to do? there is no Port option to view...
m
l
August 29, 2012 5:17:57 PM

i want to increase speed of networking . .
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 29, 2012 5:39:14 PM

huh? you mean like... increasing the link speed between your computer and the Mars Rover...? that networking...?

come on... all kidding aside - you have to provide a LOT more information than that, for anyone to give you a sensible anwer
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 29, 2012 5:55:27 PM

COM and LPT ports are very rarely used for networking, and when they are, usually the ports are used to connect two computers directly.

Not only that, but most newer computers don't even have those ports anymore.

Like Dingo07 said, we need more information.

Casey
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 29, 2012 6:01:24 PM

Damn, I feel old, I remember the old days when you can change the com port speed for a modem connection.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 29, 2012 6:14:04 PM

rgd1101 said:
Damn, I feel old, I remember the old days when you can change the com port speed for a modem connection.

I remember it too - and still use com ports to this day, sometimes... it's the way to be 100% sure you're talking to a control system of some sort whether it's Vantage Lighting or Crestron control systems or the NBX phone system
m
l
August 29, 2012 6:19:00 PM

The only solution is get a USB adapter cable.

I have an old HP LaserJet II printer I keep around to show off that it works still. Had to get a USB to Parallel cable to use it.

Oh Windows 7 does see the printer ;) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 29, 2012 6:36:17 PM

spookyman said:
...I have an old HP LaserJet II printer I keep around to show off that it works still. Had to get a USB to Parallel cable to use it....

I bet that printer uses more juice to power up and print than your entire computer uses while doing something intensive! :lol: 
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 29, 2012 6:43:32 PM

Hi :) 

Look in your Bios...IF you have those ports (physically) then they are probably disabled in the Bios and Windows wont see them untill you ENABLE them...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!