Stipped Screw on Droid 2

peiggs

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Hi everyone,
I stripped the last screw i need to take off to fix my Droid 2 global. It is on the rail got the keyboard, which is making it almost impossible to do anything with. there is just a space big enough to see the screw's head. I tried using bigger torx drivers, (the screw was a T3) and that did not work. I tried super gluing a screw driver to the head, and that did not work. Next, i tried to use the dremel and cut a slit for a flathead. Now the screw has no head on it. I have a 200 piece kit for the dremel at my disposal, and many other misc. tools. what should i do?

Get it over to an expert before you kill it. You can try to drill right though the screw using a small drill bit the same size as the screw hole. But you'll have to know how deep it goes also unless there is nothing behind it to damage. And that the metal coming off the drill will not get into the electronics and fry the phone.

Did you make sure your phone was out of warranty before you did all this? Because it's sure as hell out of warranty now.