Removing desktop background pictures

Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers from
my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them, alas,
nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of backgrounds.
Any ideas? Thanx
Jessie
6 answers Last reply
More about removing desktop background pictures

    my one and only wallpaper is here
    C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\bVirgin.jpg

    you might also need to simply search your wallpaper names with the advanced
    option checked

    "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
    > from
    > my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
    > find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
    > alas,
    > nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
    > emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
    > backgrounds.
    > Any ideas? Thanx
    > Jessie

    "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
    > from
    > my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
    > find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
    > alas,
    > nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
    > emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
    > backgrounds.
    > Any ideas? Thanx
    > Jessie

    Look for graphics files in the Windows directory in the first instance.

    I don't get what you mean. How do I look for graphic files in the windows
    directory? Cuz, when I go where I think I should be going to look, the word
    graphic doesn't even come up. I'm very amateur here, so please, in plain
    language?

    "Alan Smith" wrote:

    > "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
    > > from
    > > my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
    > > find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
    > > alas,
    > > nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
    > > emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
    > > backgrounds.
    > > Any ideas? Thanx
    > > Jessie
    >
    > Look for graphics files in the Windows directory in the first instance.

    That doesn't help me really. Where these pictures went was in the "display
    properties" window, where you can pick which wall paper you want, or how you
    want the desktop to look, etc. I want to delete them out of there. It does
    me no good to delete them from My Pictures, where they ended up in the first
    place, cuz they still remain in that display properties window.

    "bumtracks" wrote:

    > my one and only wallpaper is here
    > C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\bVirgin.jpg
    >
    > you might also need to simply search your wallpaper names with the advanced
    > option checked
    >
    > "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
    > > from
    > > my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
    > > find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
    > > alas,
    > > nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
    > > emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
    > > backgrounds.
    > > Any ideas? Thanx
    > > Jessie

    Desktop background graphics are stored in c:\windows\web\wallpaper

    Linda P wrote on Thu, 30 Jun 2005:

    >Desktop background graphics are stored in c:\windows\web\wallpaper

    Jessie,

    Also look in My Pictures for your emoticons -- anything in this folder
    will also show up in the list of wallpapers.

    --
    Nightowl

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP