Removing desktop background pictures

June 29, 2005 4:47:06 PM

Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers from
my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them, alas,
nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of backgrounds.
Any ideas? Thanx
Jessie
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:51:02 AM

my one and only wallpaper is here
C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\bVirgin.jpg

you might also need to simply search your wallpaper names with the advanced
option checked

"Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
> from
> my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
> find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
> alas,
> nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
> emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
> backgrounds.
> Any ideas? Thanx
> Jessie
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:04:49 AM

"Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
> from
> my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
> find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
> alas,
> nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
> emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
> backgrounds.
> Any ideas? Thanx
> Jessie

Look for graphics files in the Windows directory in the first instance.
June 30, 2005 12:37:10 PM

I don't get what you mean. How do I look for graphic files in the windows
directory? Cuz, when I go where I think I should be going to look, the word
graphic doesn't even come up. I'm very amateur here, so please, in plain
language?

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
> > from
> > my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
> > find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
> > alas,
> > nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
> > emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
> > backgrounds.
> > Any ideas? Thanx
> > Jessie
>
> Look for graphics files in the Windows directory in the first instance.

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:47:06 PM

That doesn't help me really. Where these pictures went was in the "display
properties" window, where you can pick which wall paper you want, or how you
want the desktop to look, etc. I want to delete them out of there. It does
me no good to delete them from My Pictures, where they ended up in the first
place, cuz they still remain in that display properties window.

"bumtracks" wrote:

> my one and only wallpaper is here
> C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\bVirgin.jpg
>
> you might also need to simply search your wallpaper names with the advanced
> option checked
>
> "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
> > from
> > my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours trying to
> > find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
> > alas,
> > nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
> > emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
> > backgrounds.
> > Any ideas? Thanx
> > Jessie

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 7:37:57 PM

Desktop background graphics are stored in c:\windows\web\wallpaper

> I don't get what you mean. How do I look for graphic files in the windows
> directory? Cuz, when I go where I think I should be going to look, the
word
> graphic doesn't even come up. I'm very amateur here, so please, in plain
> language?
>
> "Alan Smith" wrote:
>

> > "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello everyone. I need to know how to delete some pictures/wallpapers
> > > from
> > > my list of desktop background, but I just spent the last 2 hours
trying to
> > > find something, even a tiny little scrap about how to get rid of them,
> > > alas,
> > > nothing. Some of the pictures in question aren't pictures at all, but
> > > emoticons I copied, & for some reason, they went to the list of
> > > backgrounds.
> > > Any ideas? Thanx
> > > Jessie
> >
> > Look for graphics files in the Windows directory in the first instance.

July 3, 2005 10:35:56 PM

Linda P wrote on Thu, 30 Jun 2005:

>Desktop background graphics are stored in c:\windows\web\wallpaper

Jessie,

Also look in My Pictures for your emoticons -- anything in this folder
will also show up in the list of wallpapers.

--
Nightowl
!