Thumbnailsw in XP vs. WIn 2K

Hi,

I have Win XP SP2 running on one computer and on another I have Win 2K SP2.
I have saved some Outlook Express Stationery (*.eml) onto my XP machine and
also on the Win 2K.

When I go to the folder that holds it, both computers are set to show
"thumbnails". On the XP, all that I can see is a symbol for an e-mail
envelope. On the Win 2K machine, when I click on the stationery, I can see a
PREVIEW of the stationery.

How can I make the same thing happen on the XP machine ????

--
Thanks in advance for your help...

Larry H.
1 answer Last reply
More about thumbnailsw

    You probably can't because what you are seeing isn't really a thumbnail in
    Windows 2000 but a preview. This is a function of Web View which XP does not
    have. It was removed because the technology was too prone to crashing
    Windows Explorer. But you can try. In the registry go to:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.eml

    See if you have this under that key:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.eml
    Name: (Default)
    Type: REG_SZ
    Value: Microsoft Internet Mail Message

    Name: Content Type
    Type: REG_SZ
    Value: message/rfc822

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.eml\ShellEx

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.eml\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}
    Name: (Default)
    Type: REG_SZ
    Value: {EAB841A0-9550-11cf-8C16-00805F1408F3}

    You get Default when you make a new key you do not type that in. Enter
    these if you do not have it. But as Windows XP does not have Web View this
    is all that might work but probably won't..

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Win XP SP2 running on one computer and on another I have Win 2K
    SP2.
    > I have saved some Outlook Express Stationery (*.eml) onto my XP machine
    and
    > also on the Win 2K.
    >
    > When I go to the folder that holds it, both computers are set to show
    > "thumbnails". On the XP, all that I can see is a symbol for an e-mail
    > envelope. On the Win 2K machine, when I click on the stationery, I can
    see a
    > PREVIEW of the stationery.
    >
    > How can I make the same thing happen on the XP machine ????
    >

    > --
    > Thanks in advance for your help...
    >
    > Larry H.

Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP