Vaio SVE141D11L good or bad?

jasonroque

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Hello,
I just bought a vaio SVE141D11L. I thought it was a good computer until someone told me that they are awful. Are they?

Not to my knowledge. I have had good luck with Sony laptops. I personally like them. Some are better than others but you can make that statement across all brands. There are those that absolutely hate Sony as there are those that absolutely hate Apple - I personally think that has more to do with the "big corporation" image than the quality of the product.
My $0.02 worth

uchesgirl

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

I purchased the Sony Vaio SVE141D11L in July 2012. In December, Best Buy had to replace the first one with a new one. The first computer would not recognize the battery any longer. Not really sure why. The battery was replaced with a new one, still would not recognize the battery. I never attempted to upgrade to Windows 8, until I received the replacement laptop. The brand new replacement , will not upgrade to Windows 8 properly. Windows 8 is requesting I remove the following: Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64), Intel (R) USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller Driver . When I remove these items and reboot my computer, the computer does not boot into windows. I then had to restore my computer to a previous point.