neb

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2005

My task manager will not open use the default Ctrl , Alt, Del. . When I
attempted to open it via other methods, my machine posted that it had been
disable by the administrator. I had no memory of ever preforming such an
action, nor could I find any way to reactivate it from the control panel.
Please help.

Thanks!

Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Neb" wrote:

| My task manager will not open use the default Ctrl , Alt, Del. . When I
| attempted to open it via other methods, my machine posted that it had been
| disable by the administrator. I had no memory of ever preforming such an
| action, nor could I find any way to reactivate it from the control panel.
| Please help.
|
| Thanks!

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:10:39 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
>
>[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

To the OP:

Carey has already answered your question, but you may be interested in
"Process Explorer" at
http://www.sysinternals.com/ProcessesAndThreadsUtilities.html

In an emergency you can click on its desktop icon. Sysinternals has a
lot more useful low-level utilities.