enhancment calculation

bb

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Ok so I haven't played in a long while and some friends and I decided to
dust off the books. I'm building a shapeshifter and get to a section in the
book called Enhancements and everything is in percentage. Now its been such
a long time that these are completely new to me so I have one question, how
do you figure out a point value for an enhancement? Is it 50% of the main
advantage? I mean if the point cost is 15 and there is a 50% enhancement is
the cost 7.5?

BB wrote:
> Ok so I haven't played in a long while and some friends and I decided to
> dust off the books. I'm building a shapeshifter and get to a section in the
> book called Enhancements and everything is in percentage. Now its been such
> a long time that these are completely new to me so I have one question, how
> do you figure out a point value for an enhancement? Is it 50% of the main
> advantage? I mean if the point cost is 15 and there is a 50% enhancement is
> the cost 7.5?

You must read it like "Cost 50% more".
So, if the point cost of the advantage is 15, a 50% enhancement will
make him cost 22.5 points.

Another thing, if you got multiple enhancements and limitations on the
same advantage, you must calculate them BEFORE you apply them on the
said advantage. So if you have a 50% and a 20% enhancement but you got
also a -60% and a -15% limitation, you end-up with a -5% limitation on
the cost of the advantage.

Toubrouk wrote:
> BB wrote:
> > Ok so I haven't played in a long while and some friends and I decided to
> > dust off the books. I'm building a shapeshifter and get to a section in the
> > book called Enhancements and everything is in percentage. Now its been such
> > a long time that these are completely new to me so I have one question, how
> > do you figure out a point value for an enhancement? Is it 50% of the main
> > advantage? I mean if the point cost is 15 and there is a 50% enhancement is
> > the cost 7.5?
> >

> You must read it like "Cost 50% more".
> So, if the point cost of the advantage is 15, a 50% enhancement will
> make him cost 22.5 points.
>
> Another thing, if you got multiple enhancements and limitations on the
> same advantage, you must calculate them BEFORE you apply them on the
> said advantage. So if you have a 50% and a 20% enhancement but you got
> also a -60% and a -15% limitation, you end-up with a -5% limitation on
> the cost of the advantage.

<voice=uncle>and one more thing</voice> Always round up so that 22.5
becomes 23 points

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:55:16 -0500, "BB" <dureen@nospam.comcast.net>
wrote:

>Ok so I haven't played in a long while and some friends and I decided to
>dust off the books. I'm building a shapeshifter and get to a section in the
>book called Enhancements and everything is in percentage. Now its been such
>a long time that these are completely new to me so I have one question, how
>do you figure out a point value for an enhancement? Is it 50% of the main
>advantage? I mean if the point cost is 15 and there is a 50% enhancement is
>the cost 7.5?

In said case, a 15-points advantage with a single +50% enhancement
calculates as 15 + 7.5, but there's a rule (check your DM if he's
using it to avoid half points) that says you got to always round UP,
so your total, by the book, is 22,5 rounded to 23.

For negative values (disadvantages), round to the lowest ABSOLUT
number... Yes, you always round fractions _against_ the character.
Example: -22.5 rounds up to -22.

Enhancements and limitations are always figured out from the BASIC
cost of the advantage/power/whatever, then you add and subtract all
the cost you got, then round up, and you've done the exercise. ^_____^

Korin Duval

--

"Truth requires a great amount of courage;
Fiction requires a great amount of maturity."