Blink Other spell

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

The "Blink Other" spell (M148) says that it can be used to Blink
someone (i.e., instantly move him up to three yards). It does not
state that the target has to be willing, nor does it state that the
spell is Resisted.

This can, in its mildest form, be used to confuse an enemy by moving
him to unexpected (and even disadvantageous) locations. It can also
severely restrict his actions since he has to do a Body Sense roll in
order to act in the first round after the Blink. In more devious
forms, it can be used to Blink an enemy onto a land mine, or into
nearby lava, or whatever.

I suspect that this is not how the spell was meant to be used and that
either it should be Resisted by Will or it should be usable on willing
targets only.

Both of these are problematic, however. In each case, the spell is
guaranteed to work only if the target is willing and the instant
nature of the spell (a Blocking spell) suggests that there isn't much
time for caster and subject to negotiate the issue. All in all, this
doesn't seem like a viable way of using the spell.

So how is it meant to actually work?

Cheers
Bent D
--