Blank screen for a LONG time after sleep/reboot/shutdown

Hi,
I'm experiencing a problem that has been going on ever since a hotfix
install. Whenever I reboot or restart or wake my computer, the screen will
stay black for 1/2 hour or more. It will then come on by itself and
everything works fine. It never did this until I installed several hotfixes.
Since I did many fixes, I can't trace which one may be the culprit. In
reading through WinXP news, I saw where this may be a problem with others.
Does anyone have any thoughts/solutions? I'm running XP HOME with SP1.

Thanks,
Schatz

Schatz,

If any of the updates were for the video adapter suggest uninstalling it
from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. ( Uninstall the update,
NOT the adapter ;)
If there are no issues with the monitor or video adapter suggest you do
NOT update it. If there are, suggest you visit the site of the
manufacturer of the adapter and NOT download any updates for it from
Windows Update.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2005]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten