Guest account: JVM and power options

I'm having trouble with my guest account.
The power options under advances are greyed out and do not match those as
selected in the admistrator account.
Some web sites don't function properly and act as if JVM is not installed,
although it is.
Can I log into the guest acct as an administrator? How?
3 answers Last reply
More about guest account power options

    Hi,

    > Can I log into the guest acct as an administrator? How?

    No, you can't. By design, this account is very limited and has no access to
    controls over system settings.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "operaflute" <operaflute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having trouble with my guest account.
    > The power options under advances are greyed out and do not match those as
    > selected in the admistrator account.
    > Some web sites don't function properly and act as if JVM is not installed,
    > although it is.
    > Can I log into the guest acct as an administrator? How?

    But shouldn't the power settings on the guest acct match those of the
    administrator acct? Something must not be working correctly. And the issue
    about the website is a new one - it worked last year. Is it a new security
    feature?

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > > Can I log into the guest acct as an administrator? How?
    >
    > No, you can't. By design, this account is very limited and has no access to
    > controls over system settings.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "operaflute" <operaflute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm having trouble with my guest account.
    > > The power options under advances are greyed out and do not match those as
    > > selected in the admistrator account.
    > > Some web sites don't function properly and act as if JVM is not installed,
    > > although it is.
    > > Can I log into the guest acct as an administrator? How?

    Hi,

    > But shouldn't the power settings on the guest acct match those of the
    > administrator acct?

    No, not necessarily. Particularly if part of PM requires control over a
    background process. The guest account would not have access to that.

    > Something must not be working correctly. And the issue
    > about the website is a new one - it worked last year. Is it a new
    > security
    > feature?

    Many things have been locked down in the past year, particularly the ability
    of plug-ins for IE to act autonomously.

    --

    > But shouldn't the power settings on the guest acct match those of the
    > administrator acct? Something must not be working correctly. And the
    > issue
    > about the website is a new one - it worked last year. Is it a new
    > security
    > feature?
    >
    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> > Can I log into the guest acct as an administrator? How?
    >>
    >> No, you can't. By design, this account is very limited and has no access
    >> controls over system settings.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "operaflute" <operaflute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I'm having trouble with my guest account.
    >> > The power options under advances are greyed out and do not match those
    >> > as
    >> > selected in the admistrator account.
    >> > Some web sites don't function properly and act as if JVM is not
    >> > installed,
    >> > although it is.
    >> > Can I log into the guest acct as an administrator? How?

Microsoft Power Windows XP