Auto install of Printers

I am sure I read a thread here about XP loading network printers every time
the machine is rebooted, some of the pc's on our network have multiple copies
of the same print driver, the drivers description is like Auto HP
LaserJet2300 etc...
--
Fluffy

Hi Fluffy,
I don't know about the thread you saw, but the following article usually
does the trick:

How To Disable Automatic Search for Network Printers and Folders in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320138

....if it still doesn't work;

Are you connected to domain server ?

Did you try clean booting your computer - Disable startup items and all NON
MS services in msconfig
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353

Hope this helps.

For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
--
Best Regards,
Matija Hrovat

"fluffy the wonder kitten" <fluffythewonderkitten@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:7603DF86-5394-4532-9783-D6C258D23A8B@microsoft.com...
>I am sure I read a thread here about XP loading network printers every time
> the machine is rebooted, some of the pc's on our network have multiple
> copies
> of the same print driver, the drivers description is like Auto HP
> LaserJet2300 etc...
> --
> Fluffy

Thanks!!! Matija
--
Fluffy

"Matija Hrovat" wrote:

> Hi Fluffy,
> I don't know about the thread you saw, but the following article usually
> does the trick:
>
> How To Disable Automatic Search for Network Printers and Folders in Windows
> XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320138
>

> ....if it still doesn't work;
>
> Are you connected to domain server ?
>
> Did you try clean booting your computer - Disable startup items and all NON
> MS services in msconfig
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353
>
> Hope this helps.

> For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
> --
> Best Regards,
> Matija Hrovat
>

> "fluffy the wonder kitten" <fluffythewonderkitten@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:7603DF86-5394-4532-9783-D6C258D23A8B@microsoft.com...
> >I am sure I read a thread here about XP loading network printers every time
> > the machine is rebooted, some of the pc's on our network have multiple
> > copies
> > of the same print driver, the drivers description is like Auto HP
> > LaserJet2300 etc...
> > --
> > Fluffy

You're welcome.

wrote in message news:A52F0CB0-9AF4-4AA7-A68D-82B83649426F@microsoft.com...
> Thanks!!! Matija
> --
> Fluffy
>

> "Matija Hrovat" wrote:
>
>> Hi Fluffy,
>> I don't know about the thread you saw, but the following article usually
>> does the trick:
>>
>> How To Disable Automatic Search for Network Printers and Folders in
>> Windows
>> XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320138
>>

>> ....if it still doesn't work;
>>
>> Are you connected to domain server ?
>>
>> Did you try clean booting your computer - Disable startup items and all
>> NON
>> MS services in msconfig
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> --

>> For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Matija Hrovat
>>

>> "fluffy the wonder kitten"
>> <fluffythewonderkitten@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>> >I am sure I read a thread here about XP loading network printers every
>> >time
>> > the machine is rebooted, some of the pc's on our network have multiple
>> > copies
>> > of the same print driver, the drivers description is like Auto HP
>> > LaserJet2300 etc...
>> > --
>> > Fluffy

TRENDING THREADS