Sims2 - direct x problems

I've read the information from Marilyn - and it said to load the direct x
controls on the Sims 2 disk - can someone explain how to do that? I'm not a
technical user, just trying to get this game working for my daughter. I've
been trying to get this game to work for a while now - I've done everything
that it says in the prior communications. Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated. Thank you.
--
phoebe r
1 answer Last reply

    Hi Phoebe,

    What error are you encountering? Is it about your video card?
    Perhaps you don't have a compatible card in your PC.

    For the list of graphic cards supported by SIMS 2:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

    Here's a couple of ways to identify which video card you
    have installed on your computer.

    1. Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
    Click the Display Tab
    Look under Device for the name and manufacturer

    2. Click Start / (Settings) Control Panel
    Click Display
    Click the Settings Tab
    Click the Advanced... button
    Click the Adapter Tab

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "phoebe r" <phoeber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20611A49-3966-4A78-B947-9115EBA02970@microsoft.com...
    > I've read the information from Marilyn - and it said to load the direct x
    > controls on the Sims 2 disk - can someone explain how to do that? I'm not a
    > technical user, just trying to get this game working for my daughter. I've
    > been trying to get this game to work for a while now - I've done everything
    > that it says in the prior communications. Any help would be GREATLY
    > appreciated. Thank you.
    > --
    > phoebe r

Sims Games Directx Video Games