Error performing inpage operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

queserrva

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forums. This past week, my little one dropped my laptop on the floor which gave me error 0xc00000e9. I reinstalled Win 7 and everything seemed to be back to normal. Once I logged on, the computer operated so slow that it lagged when typing. I went to control panel and found out that none of the Microsoft, Intel programs were listed. I then realized updates weren't turned on, so I tried turning it on, but it gave me an error. This was the same error I got with many of the services not willing to turn on. I then went to services and tried turning it on from there, but I got error performing inpage operation. After that, I tried CHKDSK L: /R, but after waiting 5 days, it wouldn't move in stage 4 of 5. I am not sure what's going on, is the hard drive broken or the Iso file was corrupt? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Laptop hard drives are not all that robust. A dropped laptop is pretty much a guaranteed dead drive. The fact that chkdsk wouldn't complete after several days proves out that your hard drive is dead. Hopefully you had a backup of your data.
Laptop hard drives are not all that robust. A dropped laptop is pretty much a guaranteed dead drive. The fact that chkdsk wouldn't complete after several days proves out that your hard drive is dead. Hopefully you had a backup of your data.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.